The MT-07 Forum

Cruizin needs a favor

Cruizin

I own the Tenere 700 forum. I posted dyno charts over there for this engine, as the T7 is getting the MT-07 engine. 

Some are posting that they worry that it is not enough power. Seriously, all over FB and even on the forum people are worried that 63 hp isnt enough power on the freeway or for wheelies. 

Could some of you please come visit the forum and share your experiences with the CP2 engine and assure them the capabilities? 

You can start a new thread there, or post in the one linked below. 

Tenere700-1.jpg.bc9fa77292e080727d5e75ba
WWW.TENERE700.NET

As evidenced below, USA mt07 (same engine) puts down 63.76 hp and 46.55 torque stock in North America. This is a tuner that has flashed over a thousand Mt/FZ07s. Now, the Tracer will surely have some changes in its...

• 2 weeks later...
Jeremy11226

I love sharing on this because I have a big, fat bowl of perspective for you. I am six foot three, 270 pounds. I ride with a top case, with tools and my work stuff in it. Generally I put on some pants and stuff, too.

That's probably a 300 pound load, and this bike positively rips even with me on it. It's the superb engine character and light weight. It feels fast, and is super fun to ride.

I may eventually get a bigger bike for more comfort and the occasional 2-up, but the Mt has plenty of power for real world riding. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy11226 said:

I love sharing on this because I have a big, fat bowl of perspective for you. I am six foot three, 270 pounds. I ride with a top case, with tools and my work stuff in it. Generally I put on some pants and stuff, too.

That's probably a 300 pound load, and this bike positively rips even with me on it. It's the superb engine character and light weight. It feels fast, and is super fun to ride.

I may eventually get a bigger bike for more comfort and the occasional 2-up, but the Mt has plenty of power for real world riding. 

Did you venture over to tenere700.net ?

Seriously, until the bike comes out in the UK in july, I invite any of you to come visit and say hello at tenere700.net .  That forum is gonna get fun when they start getting their bikes across the pond, and it will really get fun when it comes to the United States. 

MT07 power offroad and on fire roads is gonna be a kick in the pants. Yamaha is gonna sell a ton of these T-7's. 

Wintersdark
9 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Seriously, until the bike comes out in the UK in july, I invite any of you to come visit and say hello at tenere700.net .  That forum is gonna get fun when they start getting their bikes across the pond, and it will really get fun when it comes to the United States. 

MT07 power offroad and on fire roads is gonna be a kick in the pants. Yamaha is gonna sell a ton of these T-7's. 

For real.  I mean, I take mine offroad fairly frequently, though it's not suited for it obviously. 

The Tenere 700 is going to be a *beast* of a machine.  The CP2 is just such a perfect balance of torque, weight, and cost: enough power to do anything you need it to do (including dank whoolies), without waste.  

In all seriousness, I'd actually prefer the CP2 in that form factor to the CP3.  You just don't need the power the CP3 puts down offroad - it's going to be unusable, the CP2 is already providing more than enough low end grunt.