The MT-07 Forum

Finally got it tuned!

lilneddy

Got my bike with very little info about what the original owner did to it for mods. As it tuned out, I got a lot of them! Yoshimura exhaust (the carbon fiber one), DNA air filter, lower bars, the motion pro throttle tube (that I only noticed after buying one to install! 😶).... hope I find more.

But I was not sure if the ECU was flashed to handle the mods correctly. I was going to send it to 2wheeldyno works, but after looking at local options, I found a very reputable dyno/racing shop about 20min from me that had a few race FZ 07's for sale. I removed the ecu, dropped it off, and within 24hours I have what feels like a new motorcycle. 

Roll on throttle is way smoother, mid and high end RPM's are actually usable, and the engine braking is way less noticeable. I know that last one could be put into a "negative pile" for some, but to each their own. On top of all this, the engine feels less buzzy. Almost like the timing has been adjusted properly! 

If you live in the Portland area, go see the good people at EDR performance. If you don't, please send what you got to 2WDW. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, lilneddy said:

Got my bike with very little info about what the original owner did to it for mods. As it tuned out, I got a lot of them! Yoshimura exhaust (the carbon fiber one), DNA air filter, lower bars, the motion pro throttle tube (that I only noticed after buying one to install! 😶).... hope I find more.

But I was not sure if the ECU was flashed to handle the mods correctly. I was going to send it to 2wheeldyno works, but after looking at local options, I found a very reputable dyno/racing shop about 20min from me that had a few race FZ 07's for sale. I removed the ecu, dropped it off, and within 24hours I have what feels like a new motorcycle. 

Roll on throttle is way smoother, mid and high end RPM's are actually usable, and the engine braking is way less noticeable. I know that last one could be put into a "negative pile" for some, but to each their own. On top of all this, the engine feels less buzzy. Almost like the timing has been adjusted properly! 

If you live in the Portland area, go see the good people at EDR performance. If you don't, please send what you got to 2WDW. 

Edr does some crazy stuff with the fz07.  Their motors make like 100to the wheels with the work they do it makes me really want to get a motor build lol

• Like 1