Sign in to follow this  
andistyr

Fabbi Gen-X touring windscreen. (Now with pictures.)

andistyr
kev1360
I ordered the sport screen from them and also got great service

andistyr
So I got the Gen-x windscreen in. I looked through the instructions and I am missing 2 of the 4 grommets used to attach the windscreen to the brackets. So I emailed PJparts and now just waiting for a response.

I was really looking forward to getting that windscreen on today too. :(

Edit:

Got a response back. They are going to send out the missing parts. Once I get it on I will post pictures of what the touring screen looks like.

andistyr
Added some pictures.

andistyr
Now that I have been on the highway for 20+miles at a time and against some really strong winds. At 5'11 my shoulders get buffeted some but that is all. My helmet and chest don't get buffeted that much at all. I have had it up to 70mph going into good strong winds 20+ mph winds and it was not bad at all, much better than before without the windscreen. This is not being tucked down at all. Without the strong winds I had trouble keeping my speed below 70mph on the highway it was so smooth compared to what I have been used to riding the past few years on my previous bike.

DFDFF
Does it affect your forward vision any? I only have a few miles on my bike and am intrigued by this screen the most....I think.

andistyr
No it doesn't affect my vision at all as I can't tuck down low enough for it to actually block my view. You would have to be laying against the tank for it to block the view and I can't lay that down that far.