The MT-07 Forum

For track days

mackytoy

NRWhiteKnight

You could probably get a way with those. Check with the organization hosting the track day. However, I would recommend a full boot as it will offer better ankle stability/protection as well as protection for your calf and shin. Yes, a full boot costs more, but the protection is worth it.

Also, the track day org should be able to tell what their requirements for gear are, either on their website of by phone. Sportbike Track Time has it on theirs I believe, and some org even offer gear rental.

• Like 2

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

All it says on the website is as long as it’s above your ankle. But yes I agree with you I think I’ll get a full support boots

I have Oxtar boots with the mechanical plastic joint on the ankle.  Saved my right ankle from being shattered after being hit by another guys front wheel...tossed me on the ground, shoulder damage, ankle sprain and still some nerve damage on the ankle, but all bones intact!  Go with the most comfortable protective gear you can afford...pays for itself in one trip to the emergency room (avoidance thereof).

Matt