The MT-07 Forum

Bike won’t start. Help please, thank you

mackytoy

• Global Moderator

What are the symptoms?  Did it make any noises when you turn on the key?  From the photo it looks like the display is dim, if it is I would immediately suspect the battery.  Is it a US be or are you in another country (non-North American bites have an immobilizer, which may affect a diagnosis). The more info you can give the better the relies will be.

Love to but gonna need a lot more info;

What year, mileage, any modifications, accessories, additions, subtractions, when/how/circumstances this began under? Gradual or sudden onset?  Does it turn over when you push starter button or just click, nothing at all? Does it fire or cough? Battery voltage? Voltage under load?  It has gas? How old? Safety systems in place, ie sidestand switch, neutral, clutch in? Immobilizer cocndition? Recent damage or repairs?

Dave

Only mods I have is full exhaust yoshi, TST taillights, TST fender eliminator and HID head light. Somehow it drained the battery so I had to replace that. I thought there would be a code for that but as you can see the picture there was no code besides error. Thank you for the reply though.

It looks like the temperature is the problem.  Mine says "LO" when I turn it on, yours says "HI".  The computer seems to think your bike is overheated, maybe?

That looks like a low voltage condition. Have you checked your battery voltage, both static and under load? Is there a parasitic drain of some sort?  Did you  clean the terminals when you replaced the battery? Was the old battery more than 4 years old? Did you find the reason for the previous battery's failure? Does the bike turn over when you try to start it? If it does, does it fire, if it doesn't turn over does the solenoid 'click'...

Again you need to provide more information. 

• Like 1