Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mossrider

How much is too much?

Recommended Posts

mossrider

And the quest continues. Andy Palmer, always pushing the boundaries, found the mechanical limits of the stock motor cases recently as he continues to fiddle with peak motor performance. He cracked the engine case during a recent motor test on an engine dyno @ 124 brake hp. (roughly equivalent to 105+ hp on a chassis dyno) Good times!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1040126719529121&set=a.312344758973991&type=3&eid=ARCn7GP1oU3m3qQsT9zllGGXAP1aq-_x8j15OlTeNf7nYCCw00ikfuVDIe_YQTIREjzYa4hxUePwKgOv

Now we know. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
47 minutes ago, mossrider said:

And the quest continues. Andy Palmer, always pushing the boundaries, found the mechanical limits of the stock motor cases recently as he continues to fiddle with peak motor performance. He cracked the engine case during a recent motor test on an engine dyno @ 124 brake hp. (roughly equivalent to 105+ hp on a chassis dyno) Good times!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1040126719529121&set=a.312344758973991&type=3&eid=ARCn7GP1oU3m3qQsT9zllGGXAP1aq-_x8j15OlTeNf7nYCCw00ikfuVDIe_YQTIREjzYa4hxUePwKgOv

Now we know. 

 

 

Broken link


ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider

Works for me?

Whaddeyedorong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
timjh

Rolls Royce famously didn't divulge the power output of their car engines, saying only it was "sufficient."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shinyribs

The link works, but "must be logged in to continue" 

:( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mossrider
Just now, shinyribs said:

The link works, but "must be logged in to continue" 

:( 

It's just a random fb post anyway. Andy said he's just pushing the envelope and cracked the cases through one of the main bearing races. Getting crank flex which found its weak spot.

IMG_20190510_080624.thumb.jpg.f699374f0aeb47aa87eb88ab9f506a1c.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah

Wow..... 

Maybe that's why he seemed so curt the other day.... 

Loss of money/time there is substantial

Good to know the limits though

 

Any idea on the torque?


ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar
On 5/10/2019 at 3:07 PM, sorkyah said:

Maybe that's why he seemed so curt the other day.... 

I'm confused, waddya mean? @sorkyah

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
On 5/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, fzar said:

I'm confused, waddya mean? @sorkyah

 

I ordered a set of adapter plates from him and he seemed to only give one or two word responses


ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.