Kyuzo
Posted (edited)

I need to vent about other motorist (including the occaisional  stupid squid once in a while). They suck. They suck for not looking when they do lane changes. They suck for being on the phone. They suck cause they shouldnt be given licenses. Today, on my way to work, 2 motorisist one in a SUV and the other in a caravan both did lane changes right in front of me without looking to pass the "slower" car doing the speed limit and go around them. Now i was in a car, imagine if on my bike. Im sorry but riding a motorcycle and even a car  these days is getting more and more frustrating. I dont know what to do. They suck!

Edited by Kyuzo
grammer
  • Like 4

cyow5

As a general rule, I scold myself if I think no idiots were near me on a ride. That means I just wasn't paying enough attention, and I should do better. "Thankfully" I usually count plenty of them on a given ride. 

• Like 3

vitaltears

Watch out for yourself & others plus the idiots..

Steve_O

The first 5 miles of my daily commute is on a two-lane country road and there is hardly a day that doesn't pass wether on my bike or in my car that curse words aren't flying out of my mouth about other drivers on their phones, crossing over double yellow lines on blind turns, etc.  Staying in one lane seems to be a suggestion these days and an after thought.   Go ahead....vent away!

7fold

It's almost as if turn signals are optional equipment in cars now because I never see anyone use them anymore. Must be part of some super high end package that no one wants to pay for.

On my way home from work last night, I was behind a van that was drifting from lane to lane - I'm pretty used to that, as I rarely see anyone use their turn signals anymore - but what bothered me the most is this guy didn't even have brake lights either. A van with no back window...no turn signals...no brake lights...drifting over to the right lane to get on the off ramp to exit a highway in the pouring rain. I'm really surprised no one rear-ended him, but honestly I'm convinced people that drive this way could not care any less about anyone else. 

yamahazaki

Its sad that I've been so accustomed to it, that I am always expecting it, and when it finally does happen, its just another day.  I don't even bother honking anymore.

• Like 1

Benh972

Most everybody believes themselves to be an above average motorist. Any time spent on the streets will confirm that people are not very good at self evaluation.

• Like 3

2018 MT-07

I just read in an article the other day that stated 80% of Americans "think" they are above average in driving skill. That sounds about right.

Obviously a very delusional thought process.

• Like 1

mossrider
Just now, 2018 MT-07 said:

Americans "think" they are above average in driving skill.

I remember a few years ago the wife and I (two up) were approaching a red light in a residential area where there was a center turn lane and one thru lane in each direction. We were in the thru lane and a mini van was coming up behind us signalling a right turn, trying to squeeze between me and the curb. We were centered in the lane trying to dissuade just that type of maneuver when his mirror bumped my right handlebar twice trying to sneak by. I heard him yelling to "Get the f_ck outta the way" even with his window up.  I reached over and smashed the mirror off his door and shouted back to "there, try it now".

He didn't.

Not the smartest thing i ever did but certainly one of the most satisfying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rider

"Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you" - MSF Course Instructor

"There's one more idiot than you think there is on the road" - my Dad.  (I finally figured out that the last idiot was me...)

• Like 3

pegasus46
14 hours ago, mossrider said:

I remember a few years ago the wife and I (two up) were approaching a red light in a residential area where there was a center turn lane and one thru lane in each direction. We were in the thru lane and a mini van was coming up behind us signalling a right turn, trying to squeeze between me and the curb. We were centered in the lane trying to dissuade just that type of maneuver when his mirror bumped my right handlebar twice trying to sneak by. I heard him yelling to "Get the f_ck outta the way" even with his window up.  I reached over and smashed the mirror off his door and shouted back to "there, try it now".

He didn't.

Not the smartest thing i ever did but certainly one of the most satisfying.

Yes the Van driver was certainly wrong BUT you were not exactly courteous either. You admit to discouraging people trying to make a right turn. Why? You sound just like an inconsiderate car driver when you act like that and reinforce cage drivers being impolite to us. What would if had hurt for you to have moved a few inches and let him by? 

Beemer
1 hour ago, pegasus46 said:

Yes the Van driver was certainly wrong BUT you were not exactly courteous either. You admit to discouraging people trying to make a right turn. Why? You sound just like an inconsiderate car driver when you act like that and reinforce cage drivers being impolite to us. What would if had hurt for you to have moved a few inches and let him by? 

I'm sorry but you don't have to show courtesy to every impatient person that can't wait a few extra seconds to make their turn. Everyone has to wait a little sometimes.