The MT-07 Forum

Corbin Gunfighter & Lady Seat on a 2018 MT-07

Steve_O

Couldn't take the seat any longer.  It was killing me on rides that lasted more than an hour.  When I started my search for a new seat Corbin hadn't started making one for the 2018 MT-07 but finally, they did it.  My 11 year old daughter loves to go out on sunset rides with me.....so the optional backrest was a must.  In the end it was all a bit on the pricey side.  But rest assured.....if you hate the stock seat this is way more comfortable.  I also love the way it is shaped from a riding perspective.  It holds you in place really well when you get on the throttle.

20190423_185457.jpg

20190423_185513.jpg

20190423_191125.jpg

20190423_191140.jpg

• Like 8

• Global Moderator

I usually think the Corbin seat looks too bulky and cruiser-like, but that white trim really makes it fit the bike.  I like it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Just saw your comment on my build thread, I'm definitely looking into getting a white trimmed seat now. What a great look!

I just can't decide on the welt or not?

• 2 weeks later...
Jeremy11226

It's a great seat! Be warned: I was told by Corbin when ordering that it would work with my previously installed Yamaha top box, and it does not. Getting Corbin to accept a return was a hassle. 

Nice! I actually have a second bike for carrying the wife around, but it'd probably be cheaper if I just bought something like this and swapped it over when we went 2-up. Is it super comfy for the pillion too? She complaint a lot 😛

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 5/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, kylerhsm said:

Nice! I actually have a second bike for carrying the wife around, but it'd probably be cheaper if I just bought something like this and swapped it over when we went 2-up. Is it super comfy for the pillion too? She complaint a lot 😛

My girlfriend loved it! it's got more structure and puts her up higher so she has a better view too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just to update this..... :

Tom refunded my money, and I see they no longer have the Corbin seats listed....

never said a word, just refunded....

so I re-ordered from Corbin  ... hiway robbery,  'specially tacking on $40.00 buks freight from Cal to here in OryGun.....

but whaddya do ?   oh well, it's only money.... $573.00

my ass was killin' me....

Edited by bugsinteeth

• 4 months later...

What color of red did you use for the welt?  How well does it match?  How has the white held up? 

I have the same exact same bike and am looking into a Corbin saddle (w/o the lady). 

ymt0718g_1 (1).jpg