The MT-07 Forum

Gilles tooling rubbing spring?

captainkool4

captainkool4

I bought Gilles tooling rearsets from bellsimoto and just opened the box today.  The video below shows how the spring rubs against the metal with normal use, wearing down the finish and squeaking.  This can't be normal right?  Not what I would expect from a premium product.  Hoping they can fix this issue for me.  Any of you had this problem?

Edit: belsimoto contacted me and said this is not a defect, but that this rubbing will not happen once they're installed because the lever won't be pushed down far enough.  Also he mentioned that I would likely be charged a restocking fee to return them now, as my "extreme movements" showcased in my video wore down the finish on the product.  

Video: 

act7f.jpg?token=Wohg8Y9u9EC2jAbTfbmhAw&e
STREAMABLE.COM

Check out this video on Streamable using your phone, tablet or desktop.

Edited by captainkool4

• Premium Member

So contact @bellissimoto. They'll help you and make it right.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

captainkool4

Sure they didn't make it but they sold me it, so shouldn't they stand behind their product?  Either way, I made this post to ask if anyone else had this experience.  I did contact bellisimoto, still waiting to hear back.  Will edit post to reflect what happens.

bellissimoto
On 5/5/2019 at 8:47 PM, captainkool4 said:

Sure they didn't make it but they sold me it, so shouldn't they stand behind their product?  Either way, I made this post to ask if anyone else had this experience.  I did contact bellisimoto, still waiting to hear back.  Will edit post to reflect what happens.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, captainkool4 said:

I bought Gilles tooling rearsets from bellsimoto and just opened the box today.  The video below shows how the spring rubs against the metal with normal use, wearing down the finish and squeaking.  This can't be normal right?  Not what I would expect from a premium product.  Hoping they can fix this issue for me.  Any of you had this problem?

Edit: belsimoto contacted me and said this is not a defect, but that this rubbing will not happen once they're installed because the lever won't be pushed down far enough.  Also he mentioned that I would likely be charged a restocking fee to return them now, as my "extreme movements" showcased in my video wore down the finish on the product.  

Video: 

act7f.jpg?token=Wohg8Y9u9EC2jAbTfbmhAw&e
STREAMABLE.COM

Check out this video on Streamable using your phone, tablet or desktop.

Hi captainkool4,

Of course we stand behind our products Sir.  I've personally had these rearsets on my own FZ-07 and haven't experienced what your video shows, and to my knowledge none of our other customers have either (in over 25 sets sold).  That's not to say your video is false- I can clearly see your point.  In real world operation though once installed on the bike, the brake lever would never move that much to cause that issue.  If it DOES cause an issue, rest assured I'll take it up with Gilles and sort it out for you :)

As far as wearing down the finish in your video, I didn't actually see that the finish was worn down.  I just mentioned that the item *could* be subject to a restocking fee *if* it has tooling marks on it or scratches on it from movement that the product wasn't designed for, as I couldn't sell it as new at that point, that's all.

Please let me know how you make out, and if we need to address it further, I'd be happy to help.

:)

- Paul

• Like 1