The MT-07 Forum

Power Commander PV-3?

BastardFXR

BastardFXR

Anyone have any info/usage on the new Power commander PV-3 ecu Flasher?

dynojet_pv3_yamaha_fz07_mt07.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Simply plug the Dynojet PV3 into your bike and select a different tune to better match your mods.

Kinda curious to see if this is a better option that the other ECU flash options out there. What do you think?

• Like 1

mossrider
4 hours ago, BastardFXR said:

Anyone have any info/usage on the new Power commander PV-3 ecu Flasher?

dynojet_pv3_yamaha_fz07_mt07.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Simply plug the Dynojet PV3 into your bike and select a different tune to better match your mods.

Kinda curious to see if this is a better option that the other ECU flash options out there. What do you think?

I have no first hand experience with it but that's never precluded me proferring my expert opinion, lol. 

I'm familiar with many of the other offerings and they all seem to have strengths and weaknesses, much like this one would. For general street use this would appear to be a viable option. It offers the ability to make rideability improvements such as ignition, fueling and certain parameter resets like redline. It also promises to do it w/o installing a bunch of additional crap into or onto the system, very clean. 

For other applications such as racing for instance, PC5 type systems offer direct control over functions either in conjunction with or as an overlay to the stock ecu. These allow you to map each gear seperately, adjust quick shift rpm, duration and delay specific to each gear and store multiple maps for on track switching depending on rain, surface, fuel type etc. These of course add complexity and clutter. 

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Try it and post a review! 

Edited by mossrider

Liquidmetal

Intriguing...Hope this thread doesn't cost me some money.

The ability to select from multiple tunes from this PV through the diagnostic plug has me wanting one.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• Premium Member
norcal616

I would go the "Active Tune" route offered by FTECU... That's like having your Dyno tuner ride with you 24/7 with his laptop making adjustments faster than light...

It's my experience with Power Commander systems the ECU must be left in stock trim(IGN/fuel) for the PC library maps to work(the maps don't run quite right if your ECU had been flashed to other settings)

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

BastardFXR
On 5/4/2019 at 7:05 PM, mossrider said:

I have no first hand experience with it but that's never precluded me proferring my expert opinion, lol. 

I'm familiar with many of the other offerings and they all seem to have strengths and weaknesses, much like this one would. For general street use this would appear to be a viable option. It offers the ability to make rideability improvements such as ignition, fueling and certain parameter resets like redline. It also promises to do it w/o installing a bunch of additional crap into or onto the system, very clean. 

For other applications such as racing for instance, PC5 type systems offer direct control over functions either in conjunction with or as an overlay to the stock ecu. These allow you to map each gear seperately, adjust quick shift rpm, duration and delay specific to each gear and store multiple maps for on track switching depending on rain, surface, fuel type etc. These of course add complexity and clutter. 

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Try it and post a review! 

Apparently this would have all the functions of the standard PCV as you can also hook this up to a computer to adjust additional settings. What I dont see this having though is a wideband or quick shift options. I may be wrong though. What had me intrigued is I can mount this up front to see real time diagnostics. Has no one tried these yet??

Edited by BastardFXR
Typo

stickshift
8 hours ago, BastardFXR said:

Apparently this would have all the functions of the standard PCV as you can also hook this up to a computer to adjust additional settings. What I dont see this having though is a wideband or quick shift options. I may be wrong though. What had me intrigued is I can mount this up front to see real time diagnostics. Has no one tried these yet??

This module doesn’t appear to have the ability to link to a quick shifter or wideband O2 sensor; nor will it have the ability to have maps for each gear. Because it connects through the OBD plug it can’t have the full functionality of the PCV.

The Power Vision product does offer ease of installation if you wish to change fuel and ignition mapping.

BastardFXR

Well I went ahead and purchased one today so I’ll do a short write-up when I receive mine. I called DynoJet and asked a few questions. Apparently, they sell a wideband AFR unit that works with the PV-3 as well as a quick shifter (although I couldn’t find this on their website...) that’s fully stand alone & not dependent on the PV-3 or ECU.

So Stay tuned!

(Pun intended)

• Like 1

Liquidmetal
8 hours ago, BastardFXR said:

Well I went ahead and purchased one today so I’ll do a short write-up when I receive mine. I called DynoJet and asked a few questions. Apparently, they sell a wideband AFR unit that works with the PV-3 as well as a quick shifter (although I couldn’t find this on their website...) that’s fully stand alone & not dependent on the PV-3 or ECU.

So Stay tuned!

(Pun intended)

Cool.  This might be in my future as well.  Looking forward to your findings.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also really been thinking about getting one let me kno if you like it and if it makes a big difference thanks and good luck.

• 1 month later...