The MT-07 Forum

recall notice from dealer

yotaman02

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My letter came in the mail today. Not too sure how I'm gonna get the bike to the dealer lol. May have to wait till next spring. It's going to be 25 degrees tomorrow.

This is what mine looks like after the mod and what I think is correct.
if you look carefully at the bracket above the battery they have changed
that to the shape is slightly different.
The letter I got here in the UK does not mention not riding the bike your
consumer laws may be better than ours so they don't care as much If we
get our ass burnt.

DSCF5574_zps0b7b8f3a.jpg

Deff neater than it was below but it's hard to tell from the as was pic below.

DSCF5562_zpsed7bde96.jpg

Got a call from the dealer this morning parts been ordered (posi cable,revised seat bracket and sticker).Ones in they will call me and set up an appointment to get it done ,no mention to keep bike at the dealer for the moment been.

:o  I hear they may stick that warning label back on the tank!!
On both sides of the thank this time!!.In my case only one cause I never removed the first one  :D 

So, can't we just save ourselves some times and move the positive cable ourselves?
The new cable it going to be longer I believe and the seat bracket different shape must be done by dealer .Yamaha just covering their end since it's an hazard .

• Premium Member
So, can't we just save ourselves some times and move the positive cable ourselves?

I just put a piece of flexible rubber between the positive cable and seat bracket. Should be good and safe until I get to a dealership, which I'm in no rush to do.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Mine told me that they wouldn't order the parts until I brought my bike in and they wanted to keep it. Ugh.. so ridiculous. I told them that they wouldn't be allowed to keep my bike and I would bring it back once parts came in. How is this a valid business? It's a recall...

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Wow, @gaz! that is ridiculous! My dealer called me at 2:00 pm and told me there was a recall. I said I had been expecting their call since we were discussing it on this forum. They had several of the parts in already and I asked if they could do it that same day. They said come in at 3:00. I did, they fixed it and within half an hour I was on the road again. Great experience and a good excuse for a ride!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I got the letter yesterday. I phoned the dealer today and they are going to let me know when the parts are here. Probably next week. I am still riding in the meantime.

Guest August BB

@mjh937 how was the wind today in bellingham? I went riding earlier today and was getting pushed around real good. My first time riding with crosswinds pushing me around and it was an interesting experience.

• Global Moderator

It was pretty windy and a bit chilly. I kind of enjoy the crosswinds. It keeps it interesting. I did put the lining in my jacket today. I definitely need some cold weather gloves though.

Guest August BB

I wore thermal leggings under my pants, thermal longsleeve, a t-shirt, sweater, and then my jacket. Wool socks, double neck warmers, and an inner glove liner. Did its job in 43 degrees and 37 windchill weather. Was cozy. Looks like I slightly extended my riding season for a week or two at least.

My parts are in, so will call to make appt. It may have to be Saturday and the high temp will be 43, but I definitely plan on waiting for it. I rode on Monday and it was 39, about as cold as I can stand it.

Got my letter yesterday, don't know when or if I'll be able to take it in this year... rain and snow in the forcast for the next few weeks:(

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

aircraftelectrician

I got the letter in the mail Monday, but the recall won't be done until warmer weather. It's been below freezing here everyday this week, and is supposed to remain that way for the foreseeable future. It's a 65 mile ride back to the dealer I bought the bike from, or a 35 mile ride to the nearest dealer, either way, that's more time than I want to spend in sub-freezing temps on a bike with no windscreen.

ATGATT-A helmet saved my life on 10-01-07!

So they supposedly ordered my parts on Tuesday. I dropped the bike off yesterday, but evidently the parts didnt come in. If they don't come in today I'll have to go pick the bike back up and wait until they come in as I can't drive around in the wife's transportation forever. I specifically told them I was a commuter too.

• Premium Member
So they supposedly ordered my parts on Tuesday. I dropped the bike off yesterday, but evidently the parts didnt come in. If they don't come in today I'll have to go pick the bike back up and wait until they come in as I can't drive around in the wife's transportation forever. I specifically told them I was a commuter too.
Sounds like Mountain Motorsports.. I feel your pain :( 

Ha, I actually just picked the bike up on my lunch break. All done and no problems. Just took one extra day, which sounds like they didnt order the parts until I dropped it off. @GAZ it was actually Primo Powersports, but I bought it from MMS

scordiaboy515

Got it taken care of yesterday. i believe Yamaha gives you 10 days to get your bike to the dealer when the parts come or they send them back....

Archived