The MT-07 Forum

recall notice from dealer

yotaman02

I called the closest dealer and they ordered the part for me. I will bring in the bike once they receive the part. Perhaps the burning smell that I smell while riding is the wiring? The smell definitely emanates from where the defect is.

"I'm not reckless. I am incredibly skilled with a bit of flair."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Have you taken the seat off to check? If I understand the problem correctly it should be obvious if yours is set up wrong.

• Premium Member
Have you taken the seat off to check? If I understand the problem correctly it should be obvious if yours is set up wrong.
This recall is not only for the cable being over the seat bracket but also states there's issues with the length of the electric wiring connected to the positive terminal. 

• Global Moderator

I thought the length thing was that the cable was too long and could be routed over the seat bracket. Either way if Goschie is smelling something burning I would think that it would be obvious if the cable is the problem with a good visual inspection with the seat off.

• Premium Member
I thought the length thing was that the cable was too long and could be routed over the seat bracket. Either way if Goschie is smelling something burning I would think that it would be obvious if the cable is the problem with a good visual inspection with the seat off.
True. It is only two screws. 

Didn't see it posted yet. Spank me if it has been. I just received a call from the dealer I bought my FZ from telling me to set up a time to get me battery cable recall performed. Apparently its brand new, so not a lot of info on the web. It involves the battery cable and a bracket rubbing and a short causing sparks and or fire. At least that's what the dealer said.

Well that was nice of them I got to notice for the recall today but had to call the dealer to make sure they had the parts in stock to fix mine

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

My dealer just called me re this. I'm getting it fixed this afternoon.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I called my dealer Friday and the service department guy could not seem more aloof. He said they just got the notification on Wednesday. He said I will get a letter mailed to me then I should make an appointment. I was hoping they would order the parts to have on hand. I don't need the bike sitting there for 2-3 days. His enthusiasm for a customer who bought his bike there was unimpressive.

I just got a recall notice in the mail for my 2015 FZ-07. Says battery lead under seat is too short and must be replaced to limit chance of fire. Just a heads up to all.

Why the heck do they need to keep it while they order the part? That's ridiculous.
I agree 100%! I just dropped mine off at the dealership so they can THEN order the parts. I kept asking on the phone... Can't you order the parts now and I'll come in when the parts get there? Nope, sorry. Your bike has to sit at the dealership for 5 days waiting for the parts to arrive :/ 
stupid policy...

Why the heck do they need to keep it while they order the part? That's ridiculous.
I agree 100%! I just dropped mine off at the dealership so they can THEN order the parts. I kept asking on the phone... Can't you order the parts now and I'll come in when the parts get there? Nope, sorry. Your bike has to sit at the dealership for 5 days waiting for the parts to arrive :/ 
stupid policy...
Ask them for a lender bike  :).

Got my recall notice so called the dealer. They asked if I bought mine there and said they were only ordering for their customers. He said there were 3 bikes on the floor and they could not sell them until they were fixed. They will call me when the parts are in, probably middle of next week. I explained how my bike also seems to have the wrong battery so will have them check that out too.

I just got my notice today. I will have to call Monday. I already winterized my bike though so its not going to get done this year. The funny thing is, I went to my Yamaha dealership I bought my bike from about 2 weeks ago and asked about if there was a recall because I was reading about it on the forum and the guys said no, he heard nothing about it. Its kind of funny because I already was over ther to ask about this.. I knew about it before they did and if they were informed about this like the rest of the world seemed to be it would be fixed for me already..

Just called the dealer this morning,since I haven't got any notice in the mail.The guy on the phone said he had me and another costumer name on the list to call today,he wasn't sure about the process since they just got the notice, and will call me later today.

I was given a page to stick in the owners book is shows the cable going through the loop in the rubber
strap at front of the battery haven't looked how they have routed it but thats how it's shown.

What do you know I went to get my mail today and the recall notice was waiting for me.Letter states that a new cable and maybe revised seat bracket will we installed also to bring manual so they can put a revision sticker,and not to ride the bike until fixed.

• Premium Member

Here is the letter, mine finally came today.

20141110_171648_zps50f59092.jpg

If you can't read it. Save it and you can zoom using an image viewer. Sorry for the wet spot I was cooking.

Archived