The MT-07 Forum

recall notice from dealer

yotaman02

got a call from the dealership about the recall for battery cable. they said they were going to order it and will call me next week when it gets in.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

So what if you didn't get your bike from a dealer. What would I need to do to get a hold of a battery cable, or whatever fix the engineers at Yamaha decide upon?

Everything went braap.

Guest August BB

If there is an official recall, you can go to any dealer even without any paperwork or whatever. Well, that's how it was for my toyota recall, guessing it should be same with any recall.

Your FZ07, serial# (RM06E), with VIN ******** is in the affected range for a Factory Modification Campaign. No surprise, bit annoyed. Dealer did not contact me yet. I'll be calling them for sure.

From the last of it, all FZ/MT-07 ever made are on the list.
French dealers have the parts and already correcting the recall issue.

Nothing on the Transport Canada site about a recall for the FZ-07. Same thing on the Yamaha Canada site. This morning i went to my dealer for the storage of my bike. He told me about the recall.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Dropped mine off yesterday and they want it left there while they order the part. I wish they would have given me a loaner bike, it has been pretty cold riding lately though. Back to driving the 1 ton diesel.

I got my bike from the dealer today after almost two weeks wait. Not the dealers fault though, they were just notified last Friday of what needed to be corrected. The dealer ordered the parts Friday and rec'd them today. I was able to complete my purchase this afternoon. Hope to put a few miles on tomorrow, between rain systems. Friday is predicted to be cold, blustery and with rain and possible snow showers! Oh well, as Coach Tomlin says, "It is what it is!"

Why the heck do they need to keep it while they order the part? That's ridiculous.
Some stories circulating in Europe, where some riders found their seat to be a bit warm (I guess the bike comes with heated seat). After going to the dealer, they found some melted wires. Maybe its just a liability issue. They don't want to become another Toyota.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Well, it would be cool to have a "heated seat" and not know it! I can imagine it now.

Customer  "Uh, I think there's something wrong with the battery wiring".

Dealer  "No, that's just your heated seat".  (rofl)

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
From the last of it, all FZ/MT-07 ever made are on the list. French dealers have the parts and already correcting the recall issue.

I'm fairly confident that you are correct. If you guys/gals haven't received a noticed from the dealership, call them. Your bike is most likely affected by this recall. I just called my dealership and I fall under this recall. 

scordiaboy515
From the last of it, all FZ/MT-07 ever made are on the list. French dealers have the parts and already correcting the recall issue.

I'm fairly confident that you are correct. If you guys/gals haven't received a noticed from the dealership, call them. Your bike is most likely affected by this recall. I just called my dealership and I fall under this recall.
     Just got off the phone with the dealer......Yamaha did send them a notice with my name on it....thanks for the heads up :) 

• Global Moderator

I got the recall letter today. I will have it done after the winter months.

• Premium Member

Just got the letter for the recall in the mail yesterday.

Letter states to take it to the dealership you purchased it OR to any Yamaha dealership.
Bring in the letter and the procedure should take no more than 45 minutes.

I plan to do mine soon and get my 4K service done at the same time.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Just got the letter for the recall in the mail yesterday.  
Letter states to take it to the dealership you purchased it OR to any Yamaha dealership.
Bring in the letter and the procedure should take no more than 45 minutes.

I plan to do mine soon and get my 4K service done at the same time.

ya taking mine in tomorrow morning for the recall.. You pay them to change your oil? takes literally 5 minutes lol

• Premium Member

Someone mind scanning the recall letter and sending it my way? I gotta find somewhere to get service.

The only dealership within 60 miles that carries Yamaha is shet and I will never go anywhere near that dump.

Edit: only if it's easy.. I can get service either way, just simplifies things.

Everything went braap.

Archived