The MT-07 Forum

tested a couple intake setups on the stock tune

vcyclenut

• Premium Member

@cornerslider do you have the pn# of the filter wrap??  I keep forgetting to visit the local parts shop...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
cornerslider
32 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

@cornerslider do you have the pn# of the filter wrap??  I keep forgetting to visit the local parts shop...

I don’t remember off the top of my head (and I’m out of town for work at the moment). Hord uses a standard K&N air filter. I think I just got the part# of the filter off his website, and did a search on the K&N website. It directed me towards the right pre-filter. Pretty easy to do, hope  that helps-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

godoy.rafa

Took mine out, but I have two of them: a small rubber one that came out, and a vacuum activated one that controls a flap (that I already glued open).

Screenshot_20190523-221035.png

Screenshot_20190523-221043.png

godoy.rafa

After 300km of open roads, I felt I lost some power after 7k rpm and the bike won't go over 195kph, and takes more time to reach 180kph. The mod didn't work for me, I'll revert back to stock.

Wintersdark
2 hours ago, godoy.rafa said:

After 300km of open roads, I felt I lost some power after 7k rpm and the bike won't go over 195kph, and takes more time to reach 180kph. The mod didn't work for me, I'll revert back to stock.

That's exactly what the charts said would happen, though - it provides midrange power at the expense of some high end power.  Any high end power loss is going to reduce your top speed.

• Like 1