The MT-07 Forum

Replaced stock mirrors with Rivco MIRLEDs

kamalv

I set out with the intention of replacing the stock mirrors for better field of view, but..ahem..ended up with a farkle which is not really that much better :) The new ones being convex helps just a teeny little bit.

But(!), the inside lights on these mirrors have really helped my ride home, since it is dark, by increasing my visibility immensely. The red leds really pop for lane changing or flashers and now for the one week I have had them, cars have actually slowed to let me change lanes!! Even after a week, not sure if I am imagining it that the lights are having a measurable effect. 

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah312/kamalv/3652F0F1-4D7C-4239-B583-CCAB776C0FE5_zpsvqoma5qu.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah312/kamalv/A01779E4-C137-4FCD-A33B-27B84D198E95_zpsq5jl95y4.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah312/kamalv/D7F111ED-E537-4242-997D-2D3801B118D1_zpssfzs2n3f.jpg

Ah, apologies. I was trying to figure out how to post pics. Apparently using a dropbox link didn't make the pics appear here. So I had to create a photo bucket one. And in that time, you guys already viewed the post. Couldn't figure out how to check pics in a preview setting without 'posting' it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I saw them. Your link took me to dropbox and I could see them there.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I see them now, but originally I just saw a blue box with a question mark. It did not link anywhere. Do those come in black?

• Global Moderator

Thanks. I did not notice that you had linked to them in your first post. I could have just looked myself. The chrome looks good, but I tend to like black.

• Premium Member
The chrome looks good, but I tend to like black.

Those Rivco mirrors are very nice. I had them on my Yamaha Tourer. The company claims also that the design of the mirror stalks will reduce vibrations as well. And they DO come in black: Here they are. They are not inexpensive, however.
Perhaps next year.
Marco
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

• Premium Member

Those are awesome. I want additional turn signals on the front of my mirrors, but having the red indicators facing you as well is even better.

Little beyond my range though.. I'll have to try and find something similar at a lower price point.

Thanks for sharing.

Everything went braap.

From the front, in the dark, these really look like bug antennae and combined with the other lights really have an alien silhouette feel to it :)

Yes, a bit pricey for my liking for mirrors. I have been doing all the maintenance myself so far, and since the running cost is hardly much, thought I would treat myself.

Archived