The MT-07 Forum

Quad Lock Phone Mount

motomeek

• Premium Member

I've been looking and after upgrading my phone, I purchased it.... but found there is no handlebar space for the handlebar mount to work?

I did a quick look online and saw some, so I thought it'd work - but it seems one removed their OEM mirrors and another changed their OEM handlebar so they were able to make it work. 

Before trying to figure out another solve, wanted to see if anyone else was able to get it to work. 

They have a mirror mount where the circumference of the clamp is just smaller... But I didn't get that since I liked this set up better. 

On other news, it works on my Scrambler. :)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Check out this video. He has it mounted on the screws that hold the speedometer on. 

• Thanks 1

• Global Moderator

Looks like they have a ram-mount adapter for the 1" series

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Tobias said:

Check out this video. He has it mounted on the screws that hold the speedometer on. 

Yeah, that's using a different mount option as well. Trying to see if I can use the handlebar mount I already purchased

I’m not sure what kind of space you have left on your bar but I’ve used both the Moto version and the Bicycle version on mine with and without stock mirrors. Both fit well. 

Here’s the Bicycle version on the MT07 and the Moto version on a Rebel 500. Both work on either bike. 

0331ABFE-FFC2-4699-96FC-9D8DDBC283D3.jpeg

• Like 1

Instagram: @jayparrington 

On the Moto version you can rotate the arm anywhere you’d like by loosening the one screw that attaches it to the clamp. 

And Rebel. 

E50C743F-E3FB-4425-A984-59D373EACCD3.jpeg

Edited by JayMT07

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

I’m not sure what kind of space you have left on your bar but I’ve used both the Moto version and the Bicycle version on mine with and without stock mirrors. Both fit well. 

Here’s the Bicycle version on the MT07 and the Moto version on a Rebel 500. Both work on either bike. 

0331ABFE-FFC2-4699-96FC-9D8DDBC283D3.jpeg

Woo! Yeah... That was looking like the only viable place, but the clutch adjuster seemed to be in the way. Do you have a top view? What's your clearance looking like? 

3 hours ago, motomeek said:

Woo! Yeah... That was looking like the only viable place, but the clutch adjuster seemed to be in the way. Do you have a top view? What's your clearance looking like? 

It was a tight fit to get it mounted on the bar.  I'll get a pic from the top in the AM.  Just at work for the night.

A spare Moto mount

7A6DF21D-11DE-4429-A235-501701750835.jpeg

88BEB757-4339-48D1-BE55-56AE0605CFE2.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayMT07 said:

A spare Moto mount

OMG SUPER HELPFUL. I'm going to try it out and report back! Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

OMG - FINALLY got around to doing this. But thanks again @JayMT07! It took a minute to get the piece to fit, but I got it. Got the red tab to match the rest of the red accents on the bike :)

bio304499742_ScreenShot2019-09-04at11_36_02AM.thumb.png.810460e5e4ddb837177ae0aa8e518660.png616515785_ScreenShot2019-09-04at11_36_24AM.thumb.png.1ac56fdeafcc95f0df66ba25e894c083.png1957062162_ScreenShot2019-09-04at11_36_13AM.thumb.png.21208d9747b169fd99ac7f982e8f7703.png

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, motomeek said:

OMG - FINALLY got around to doing this. But thanks again @JayMT07! It took a minute to get the piece to fit, but I got it. Got the red tab to match the rest of the red accents on the bike :)

god forbid the tab doesnt match the bike :P

So just a heads up. If your phone has an Optical Image Stabilization system in it (OIS, google it and your phone model), you'll fry your camera by running it on your bike with a grip like this.

The micro vibrations knock the motors out of calibration and your camera either wont focus or will perpetually try to focus resulting in weird wavy images.

Edited by topazsparrow
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 9/4/2019 at 1:03 PM, sorkyah said:

god forbid the tab doesnt match the bike :P

YOU KNOW THAT BLUE WOULD NOT BE OKAY WITH YOU TOO

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

So just a heads up. If your phone has an Optical Image Stabilization system in it (OIS, google it and your phone model), you'll fry your camera by running it on your bike with a grip like this.

The micro vibrations knock the motors out of calibration and your camera either wont focus or will perpetually try to focus resulting in weird wavy images.

I definitely would hope this wouldn't be used specifically to record with their phones for long periods of time LOL

55 minutes ago, motomeek said:

I definitely would hope this wouldn't be used specifically to record with their phones for long periods of time LOL

it will ruin the phone's camera regardless of if you are recording or not. Just having it mounted while the bike is revving will do permanent damage to the image stabilizer. It never used to be a big problem as only high end flagship phones had OIS, but now more and more mid and low end phones have it as well.

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, motomeek said:

YOU KNOW THAT BLUE WOULD NOT BE OKAY WITH YOU TOO

blue is fine with me... i would prefer green or black though

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

it will ruin the phone's camera regardless of if you are recording or not. Just having it mounted while the bike is revving will do permanent damage to the image stabilizer. It never used to be a big problem as only high end flagship phones had OIS, but now more and more mid and low end phones have it as well.

so would the phone get damaged if you were have it in your pocket or in a bag while on the bike? 

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, motomeek said:

so would the phone get damaged if you were have it in your pocket or in a bag while on the bike? 

maybe this explains why the camera on mine doesnt work....
has exactly the issues topaz is describing... and the camera app refuses to stay open long enough now.

12 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

maybe this explains why the camera on mine doesnt work....
has exactly the issues topaz is describing... and the camera app refuses to stay open long enough now.

Never mind the fact you practically drowned it on that one ride to Cali

• Global Moderator
On 9/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, KayDee said:

Never mind the fact you practically drowned it on that one ride to Cali

gallifrey was worth it

On 9/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, motomeek said:

either way, probably a good idea not to ride with the phone in your pocket
i would assume a backpack on your body would have a suspension effect via the straps and absorb most of the vibration

• Global Moderator

I ride with my iPhone in my pocket all the time and the camera works fine.  I suspect it is the hard jolts from a mount that is the problem.  Any vibrations from it being in a pocket or in a backpack would be very mild in comparison. 

On 9/7/2019 at 8:17 PM, mjh937 said:

I ride with my iPhone in my pocket all the time and the camera works fine.  I suspect it is the hard jolts from a mount that is the problem.  Any vibrations from it being in a pocket or in a backpack would be very mild in comparison. 

Exactly. It's just having it fixed to the bike in anyway that is the issue.

To the best of my knowledge there is only one mount out there that 100% does not cause damage - made by Hondo Garage. Anything the claims to reduce vibration by using rubber sleeves or joints still lets most of the high frequency vibrations through - some might work better than others, but I won't be the guy to test it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2019 at 7:32 AM, JayMT07 said:

A spare Moto mount

How did you get it to fit with around the clutch adjuster? That's the one thing I'm worried about. That's the only viable option for me to place the mount. And do you find a big difference between the moto and bike mounts?