The MT-07 Forum

2016 FZ07 Matte Black Vinyl Wrap

bruceyfz

I decided I didn't love the gray on my Armor Grey FZ, so I decided to switch it up to matte black using some wrap I ordered off of amazon. A lot trickier than I thought it would be to wrap it but here's the outcome. Let me know what you guys think!

Bike3.jpg

Bike2.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Looks really good. Nice job

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Hey, looks great! Been thinking about changing mine to black. that looks good but I've never wrapped with vinyl before so I would be a little hesitant to try. I know it can't hurt anything if I screw up but there's the wasted money. I do like the challenge of a good paint job and there's a huge level of satisfaction when it comes out nice. I'll be undecided on it awhile longer. Also, there's all kinds of brands of the stuff on amazon but which one did you get? Can you put up a link for the stuff? Thanks!

Beemer

On 5/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, mackytoy said:

What kind of wrap did you use. I’m planning to put black on mine as well

I ordered wrap from Amazon. I ordered 5x6 feet and a vinyl wrap toolkit for about 52 bucks Canadian. Link

I definitely did not use even close to the 5x6 feet but I have lots left over if I ever want to do another bike. You could easily get away with ordering 3x5 feet. 1x5 would be much too thin.\

11 hours ago, Beemer said:

Hey, looks great! Been thinking about changing mine to black. that looks good but I've never wrapped with vinyl before so I would be a little hesitant to try. I know it can't hurt anything if I screw up but there's the wasted money. I do like the challenge of a good paint job and there's a huge level of satisfaction when it comes out nice. I'll be undecided on it awhile longer. Also, there's all kinds of brands of the stuff on amazon but which one did you get? Can you put up a link for the stuff? Thanks!

Honestly was a huge learning curve. I ripped off the first piece. It took me about 2 hours to do one small side of the front fender. After that, my girlfriend came home and we were able to finish the tank pieces and the other fender side in about 1.5 hours. I would HIGHLY recommend having a second person (to hold/stretch the vinyl while you apply and smooth it out).

• Thanks 2

NiteRyder

I think the bike looks great!  I also noticed the rear axle holders are black as well......did you paint/powder coat them or buy them like that?

448950545_Blackaxleholder.jpg.75fcbbd342f48b54fe165a80ef018501.jpg

• Premium Member

That really is sharp! The plastics on this bike are not really cheap, but they are not that expensive either. I have thought about buying her an extra set of white plastics, or buying some second hand rashed pieces to re finish. I still really like my rapid red though.

1 hour ago, NiteRyder said:

I think the bike looks great!  I also noticed the rear axle holders are black as well......did you paint/powder coat them or buy them like that?

448950545_Blackaxleholder.jpg.75fcbbd342f48b54fe165a80ef018501.jpg

Those come stock as black, didn't paint them!

• Like 1

NiteRyder
4 minutes ago, bruceyfz said:

Those come stock as black, didn't paint them!

Are you located in the states? 

NiteRyder
18 minutes ago, bruceyfz said:

Nope, Canada

Kinda figured. That's the first FZ/MT i've seen with those holders black stock but then again I live in the states. Now I have to figure out how I can order those for my bike. Thanks for the info!

On 5/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, NiteRyder said:

Hey bruceyfz, do you know your exact model # for your bike?

No i don’t, could look it up? Where do I find that!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Soranov said:

I have the same color and I cant stand the rims color

Shame you don't live next door to me.  We could swap wheels.

Just do it! 

• Premium Member

Very nice! 

I'm in the middle of wrapping my girlfriend's CB300F. It is definitely not easy. I've improved a lot, but the tank ended up being multiple pieces because I just couldn't get the angles to wrap smoothly. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice! I think it looks great. I have been think of doing mine a dark Matt grey but I definitely like the black on yours so it’s got me thinking.

How has the vinyl held up where your legs rub against it around the seat area? My only concern was would it turn white as you wear away the colour from the vinyl? 

• Premium Member

I have an all black FZ-07 (2016). I like the all black version. I've considered buying some flo-yellow wheels to dress it up a bit. That seemed silly, and a dumb way to blow some money....... But, DAMN!!!!!- that looks really sharp 😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

9 hours ago, cornerslider said:

I have an all black FZ-07 (2016). I like the all black version. I've considered buying some flo-yellow wheels to dress it up a bit. That seemed silly, and a dumb way to blow some money....... But, DAMN!!!!!- that looks really sharp 😎

I have been hoping to swap my black ones for yellow with someone (not everyone wants them). Not much hope really. I love 'em!

• Like 1

Just do it!