The MT-07 Forum

Motodynamic Fender eliminator

KyleC4

I’ve been waiting about a month for these to come back in stock. MD initially gave me an estimate for late April and now they’re telling me mid to late May. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anothet fender eliminator kit that comes with the license plate light, is easy to install (plug and play, no soldering/splicing), and that is a decent price. Is there anywhere else I can purchase it from or perhaps another recommended kit to buy?

• Premium Member

The Yoshimura kit includes LEDs for the license plate. Many of us, myself included, have been happy with this kit.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 minutes ago, DewMan said:

The Yoshimura kit includes LEDs for the license plate. Many of us, myself included, have been happy with this kit.

I’ve looked at the this one but didn’t like how it was more than twice the cost of the MD one and you still have to solder it 

Good things come to those who wait.  I have the MD & had to wait the last time they were out.  They often send out 10% off deals if you sign up for emails.

9 minutes ago, wrxer said:

Good things come to those who wait.  I have the MD & had to wait the last time they were out.  They often send out 10% off deals if you sign up for emails.

How long did it take for them to come back in stock? I’m not sure how long it’s been, but at least a month by now 

TheAbhartach
3 hours ago, KyleC4 said:

I’ve been waiting about a month for these to come back in stock. MD initially gave me an estimate for late April and now they’re telling me mid to late May. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anothet fender eliminator kit that comes with the license plate light, is easy to install (plug and play, no soldering/splicing), and that is a decent price. Is there anywhere else I can purchase it from or perhaps another recommended kit to buy?

Just chiming in to say I'm waiting on restock as well, and it's frustrating.

3 minutes ago, TheAbhartach said:

Just chiming in to say I'm waiting on restock as well, and it's frustrating.

It is. Even more frustrating is the fact that no other company makes a comparable product for the price 

• Global Moderator

Have you guys tried reaching out to MD? 

They might accept an order/backorder so when they get it in, they'll just ship it to ya

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

3 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Have you guys tried reaching out to MD? 

They might accept an order/backorder so when they get it in, they'll just ship it to ya

Only thing they told me was to put in my email to be notified when they get them in stock

TheAbhartach
1 hour ago, KyleC4 said:

Only thing they told me was to put in my email to be notified when they get them in stock

Same.

• 4 weeks later...
TheAbhartach

I received the email last night that it's back in stock. Just letting you all know.

Edited by TheAbhartach

• Premium Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017WH494Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this fender eliminator. It came with the light, but the light just has bare wire so you would need to either solder it, or get some kind of a solderless connector. It's so inexpensive you can pay or bribe someone to solder up your wires and come out ahead. 

I left a review for the product, but it's my wife's amazon account so Sarah is me.  

On 5/23/2019 at 7:12 AM, TheAbhartach said:

I received the email last night that it's back in stock. Just letting you all know.

About damn time  

• 1 year later...

For those of you with the Motodynamics fender eliminator for the MT-07/FZ-07, how is the license plate light? Does it do a decent job of illuminating the plate at night? Anyone have night pics? How have happy are you with the kit in general?

I am looking between the Motodynamics and Vagabond kits.