The MT-07 Forum

Okay Time To Rant...

mikeyfz07

I don't care if it looked like a big steaming turd.

If it makes the bike function better, all for it.

I did trade my V-Strom in for the FZ, and you can't get much uglier than a Strom! LOL

As far as this 'Yep that is exactly what I said in my original post. Thanks for reading and contributing!'

I read your original post twice. Read once. Rubbed my eyes. Read it again.

Maybe YOU should go back and read what you wrote.

And you're welcome!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Pink handlebar streamers!! Do you have a link so I can buy some?? Just kidding...pink would not match my red bike.
Hey! I have a hot pink whip and streamers on my cruizer! I want to make sure everyone knows I am a lady rider. 

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7697_zps161a29e3.jpg

Illegitimi non carborundum

the bikes true concept in tact while giving it that super-growl we all want.

LOL You are buying an exhaust based on looks. 
That's precious!

And you're welcome!

Lol, clearly you cannot read nor remember what you wrote. You said I was buying an exhaust based off of looks. Clearly in my original post I mentioned the sound of the exhaust. From my understand, sound and looks are two different things.  
Thanks for reading my post twice and sorry about your eyes. You should use some Visine as rubbing your eyes with your dirty hands will inflame them even more. 

Thanks for bumping this thread buddy. Happy Halloween! Cheers and XOXO. 

Pink handlebar streamers!! Do you have a link so I can buy some?? Just kidding...pink would not match my red bike.
Hey! I have a hot pink whip and streamers on my cruizer! I want to make sure everyone knows I am a lady rider. 

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7697_zps161a29e3.jpg

Hey "if it adds HP" I will add pink streamers lol. 

I don't care if it looked like a big steaming turd.  
If it makes the bike function better, all for it.

Lastly, if this increased HP or function - its good to know you would add it.  
Have a fabulous afternoon brother. Please take care and have a miraculous day!

insanely-huge-exhaust-on-lil-motorbike.jpg

• Global Moderator

Sadly there are no hp gains, but it does increase torque by 1.3528% :).

that looks like a steaming turd if I ever saw one!
So glad a few of you have a sense of humor today lol. Makes the day go easier :D 

Here's the video!!!!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

The whip is for protection at a stoplight.  ;) 

Illegitimi non carborundum

look I bought this bike because it's a sexy beast and when I ride on it it turns me into a sexy beast . so anything I can add to the bike that would make it more sexy or more like a beast, I'm all for it

the bikes true concept in tact while giving it that super-growl we all want.  

LOL You are buying an exhaust based on looks. 
That's precious!

And you're welcome!

Lol, clearly you cannot read nor remember what you wrote. You said I was buying an exhaust based off of looks. Clearly in my original post I mentioned the sound of the exhaust. From my understand, sound and looks are two different things.  
Thanks for reading my post twice and sorry about your eyes. You should use some Visine as rubbing your eyes with your dirty hands will inflame them even more. 

Thanks for bumping this thread buddy. Happy Halloween! Cheers and XOXO. 

You mention length more than once chief.

I.e. the LOOKS.

for me I want to make it mine don't want to go to bike night and see 5 other 7s there that all look like mine I love the look of the long pipes, maybe because im old and that's what we had trough the years a few of the short pipes look great. yosh, akra and a couple more some look very out of place down there like there just not bent rightI wanted a bike different then everyone else has, bought the 7 because I can personalize it and make it mineand more then likely it will get a long pipe whether long or short give your bike a personality and make it yoursthe last thing we want on this forum is 400 pics from 400 people and they are all the same so don't anybody buy an ermax windscreen cause mine will be here mondayhhhaha   

I want an exhaust that is esthetically pleasing, performs and not to loud. The third part always gets me. From what I see in YouTube videos the akro with baffle will get me what I want, now I just have to come up with a grand or decide not to get a suppressor for my rifle.

I respect peoples choices and my opinion is just my opinion.

But damn, for what Akra charges for that exhaust, I would spend that money on suspension. Spend that money on suspension and you will have a perfect freakin bike, even with stock exhaust. $1,000 or so into suspension and you will actually become a faster rider, more comfortable rider and a safer rider because it increases traction.

Exhaust basically just changes the tone of the engine's fart. Again, just my opinion but I'm sometimes suprised to see people spend so much on exhaust instead of the suspension that actually allows you to use the extra HP.

I know this is an exhaust thread but for the prices of these exhausts, I am opting to get my suspension done by traxxion dynamics.  I just think its money better spent.  With their discount for our members it just seems like a better investment. I know the exhaust will make our bikes look and sound better but I believe the suspension will make our bikes safer. The front end scares me sometimes by dipping a bit too much even when not braking hard. (:))

That dipping in corners when you barely touch the brakes will be gone and you will notice yourself going thru your daily corners 15-20 mph faster and more confidently. Money well spent!

Again, just my opinion but a very well experienced and informed opinion, I might add.

Lets not tamper with its beauty too much...I mean look at that! 
2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-07.jpg

Took me about 5 minutes to realize there was a motorcycle in this picture :)

Must be an age thing. I don't mind the full size cans. The Delkelvic full size I think looks better than the smaller can, to me the large opening with short overall looks odd....and while I am sure there are many that disagree I actually don't like the looks of the Akrapovic. It looks weird, the shape looks like its thrown together (not saying it is they make great stuff but the shape strange) , and the goofy two peashooter holes on the baffle (which why run that anyways LOL) looks horrible.

So far I like the looks of the Yoshimura, and the Two Brothers
Different Ideas for different views.....I am just glad we are starting to get options  

for the shorty guys how do you look any further then the SC Project. it looks factory  now that looks like somebody thought about how to put it under there for the record I spent in this order
painted silver frame sides levers front forks   will be here mondayscreen         also here on mondayrad guard,   best money spent so far, covering up the cheap looking silver rad                  prob cause forks are not done yetnext,  rear shock then exhaust,  hardest to wait for because of how the bike sounds with a pipe.  probably a Mivv gp long and with that we are into aprox 2k in extras much more and I could have gotten a really cool bike    

Good suggestions on the suspension. If there were a way to safely modify the stock fart can I will definitely do so. I do not want to drill large holes in it like another member mentioned doing. Thanks for adding more good info guys. You are correct about the Akra price. Pretty hard to buy a $1000 suspension when its nearly 20% of the bikes cost lol.

When you remove the stock exhaust, you will see that it is not a very good looking piece of hardware. It is very big and extremely heavy.
Here is the stock compared to the M4 before installation
IMG_1464.jpg

While it looks like the M4 is longer, it ends up at the same location as the side pipe on as the stocker.

Archived