The MT-07 Forum

Okay Time To Rant...

mikeyfz07

I respectfully disagree with most members desire for long exhausts but then want to say thank you at the same time. Sound a bit psychotic? You bet. On one end, most of us LOVE this bike due to its futuristic, modern, sleek, advanced build. But then on the other end, we have people who want to throw the bike 30 years in the past. How? Well with the exhaust. 

From a really sharp (yes quiet :() diamond shaped exhaust with a copper hue, here we are talking about swapping it out. Sure, I am going to get a new exhaust also but the Akrapovic because it keeps the bikes true concept in tact while giving it that super-growl we all want. 

So from this. 

2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-IMG_2859.jpg

We are wanting to go to this. (see below)

Overall, LONG EXHAUST SYSTEMS look horrible for our bikes. That long skinny pipe will multiple welds and a huge canister should belong in the past. Lets appreciate our bike with a shorty exhaust and keep that clean-sleek look. Why would you want a 3 foot 1.5" dinky looking pipe lol. But then, the more people put hideous pipes on their bike - the better my bike will look. Of course someone will say "its my money, its my bike, i can do whatever I want" so feel free to do so. Just trying to help you out with a little style. 

That is all.

Ride safe everyone....long pipes or not. 

Mike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

I like the looks of the stock exhaust. Others do not. I like country music. Others (including my wife :) ) do not. That is the great thing about having so many options. There is something available for everyone's taste (or perhaps perceived lack of taste).

That SV looks dumb. I agree our factory exhaust looks pretty good, but What about an "in between"? Still no go?
Post a pic :). I am sure it will look pretty dope. 

Those big long exhausts are so freakin ugly. Remins me of the Kerker exhausts from the 80's.

the stock is ok, but so freakin restrictive and heavy. My FZ-09 lost 11 lbs when I removed it and switched to the M-4.

Personally, it's just a fart can. I want it to slightly muffle the nise and not weight very much. I want my exhaust to do it's job and not get in the way of my bike or my legs. Small is good.

Those big long exhausts are so freakin ugly. Remins me of the Kerker exhausts from the 80's. 
the stock is ok, but so freakin restrictive and heavy. My FZ-09 lost 11 lbs when I removed it and switched to the M-4.

Personally, it's just a fart can. I want it to slightly muffle the nise and not weight very much. I want my exhaust to do it's job and not get in the way of my bike or my legs. Small is good.

Couldn't agree with you anymore man! Well put. 

• Premium Member
That SV looks dumb. I agree our factory exhaust looks pretty good, but What about an "in between"? Still no go?
Post a pic :). I am sure it will look pretty dope. 
still have no clue how to post a photo, sorry lol....here's a couple links. ignore the prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Termignoni-Y104090CV-Yamaha-FZ-07-MT-07-2014-Full-Exhaust-System-Carbon-/141445379500?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20eecd35ac&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akrapovic-S-Y7R2-AFC-Yamaha-FZ-07-MT-07-14-Full-Exhaust-System-2-1-Carbon-/111475519514?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19f475701a&vxp=mtr

product5248_3.jpg

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

LOL You are buying an exhaust based on looks. 
That's precious!
Yep that is exactly what I said in my original post. Thanks for reading and contributing!

Ugly is subjective. I personally prefer the under-mount exhausts because it's a "cleaner" look in my eyes, but that doesn't mean others can't disagree with me. I'm sure there's some people out there that think the stock exhaust is butt-ugly, along with the Akrapovic and any other under-slung exhausts. Nobody would spend $1000 on something THEY think is ugly. Anything that you prefer is going to be worth your own money. Nobody is going to drop fat cash on anything they don't like, but what we like isn't going to be the same.

LOL You are buying an exhaust based on looks. 
That's precious!
Are you saying you would spend upwards of $1000 for something ugly, to put on your brand new, great looking bike?
Depends.  Some people will spend their money for whichever exhaust will get them the absolute most HP, and don't care how it looks.  Me personally, I care about looks and sound, and could care less about an extra few hp...but that's just where my interests lie. 

• Premium Member

if this shows up twice, sorry.

You are correct in your points @mjesenovec. I should have emphasized my point further than I did. It just seemed like he stated he will put anything, no matter the looks on his bike as long as the performance or sound is good, etc. That is fine...that is one persons opinion. I personally have never talked to anyone that would do that, but again...this is a rant thread, so theres mine lol

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

I applaud people for disagreeing and agreeing. As for the others that say, "its my money, its my choice, its my decision" - nobody ever questioned that lol. I listed that in my original post. Answering like that does nothing to help the favor or dis-favor of this thread. Pick a side at least sheesh.

Lol true. Sometimes it's hard to keep in mind that everyone has their own vision, and their own goals for their vehicles. Back in my street racing days, I saw TONS of tasteless mods, and crappy cars. But...I wasn't the one that had to be caught driving them, so it was no skin off my back. I'm quick to shake my head and write somebody off as a tool, but it ends there. As long as my mods make me and my wallet happy, all is right in the world. If somebody wants to make a full fairing out of play-doh, custom build a 7' long exhaust pipe, and put pink handlebar streamers on their FZ-07, great...as long as I don't have to ride it or pay for it. At the end of the day, if we all liked the same things, there would only be 1 bike company, 1 bike, 1 color, etc.

And as far as picking a side, I don't find either exhaust style hideous...but given the choice I would rather have a center/under mount exhaust on this bike. And really, my favorite motorcycle exhaust of all time is dual under-seat exhaust, a la ducati, street triple, FZ6, etc. Those look the best in my opinion.

• Global Moderator

Pink handlebar streamers!! Do you have a link so I can buy some?? Just kidding...pink would not match my red bike.

Archived