The MT-07 Forum

CRG bar end mirror adaptors

KyleC4

I'm thinking about buying a pair of CRG lane splitting mirrors and I know I will need to buy an adaptor to go with (since apparently it's too difficult to just use a bolt that screws directly into the stock threaded bar to hold the mirror on). This CRG Adapter says "Excludes threaded handlebars" under "Applications" but Revzilla tells me that it DOES fit. Seems like if you used it like you're supposed to, those pieces of metal that expand as you tighten it would ruin the threads of the bar. I've seen the method of using a copper ring as a spacer over the stock bar end but that doesn't leave much left to screw back into the handlebar. Is there a type of adapter that simply screws into the handlebar? 

1 minute ago, DewMan said:

This is what I use for my CRGs:

0100-1-1.jpg?fit=450%2C373&ssl=1&w=640
WWW.RHINOMOTO.COM

These bar ends are designed specifically for Yamahas that have stock barends that screw into the bars with M16 threads, such as...

Oh yeah I did see those but couldn't justify the price 

I run the CRG Lane Splitter's as well with the RhinoMoto bar ends. I didn't like the price on the RhinoMotos either, but I knew they would work.

Xeon

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

CRG 7/8" Billet Internal Adapter for the Arrow, Hindsight, Hindsight LS and Blindsight Billet Bar End Mirrors. This is the Billet Internal Adapter for the Arrow, Hindsight, Hindsight LS and Blindsight Billet Bar End Mirrors.

I have the Rhinomoto bar end adapter, but this would work too if you're on a budget. 

Grip it & Rip it

Also have the Rhinomoto bar ends. Pricey, but worth it to me, especially since I do a lot of lane splitting.

I have the Rhinomoto bar ends as well. More secure than the CRG adapters, and the RM ones are weighted as well to not mess with the balance of the bars. Heard stories of people getting more vibrations through the bars after removing the stock bar ends and using the adapters. 

Archived