The MT-07 Forum

Delkevic Exhaust

ricochet08

Anyone have any experience with this brand of mufflers? Very reasonably priced. Not overly loud either. More of a mellow deep tone.
 modmaster

• 3 months later...
Anyone have any experience with this brand of mufflers? Very reasonably priced. Not overly loud either. More of a mellow deep tone.  modmaster

I picked up my '15 FZ-07 used with 3,800 miles 2 weeks ago and it came with the Delkevic system, 8" carbon round muffler with dB killer installed.  It was tested on a dyno to ensure the AFR was OK and it was.  Its nice and throaty sounding but too loud for my tastes,  so I've been debating whether or not to substitute a 14" carbon round model in its place, its known as a DL10 I believe, and it meets a certain British dB street legal limit at a cost of 0.3 HP loss over the 8".  Otherwise I like how the system tucks up nice and tight below the bike, important for me since this bike will see a fair amount of dirt roads in giant loop / canyon burner missions. 

Not exactly to my liking either. It looks ordinary, boring. I settle on some things and spend less but to me the FZ 07 is extraordinary looking/performing and demands a pipe that is extraordinary looking with performance to match so I don't mind spending a few hundred extra on a pipe. Besides, 5 or 10 years down the road I'm not going to miss a few hundred dollars. I definitely don't miss the 7k plus spent on the bike. Of course if someone simply can't afford a better pipe that's understandable and what a boring forum this would be if everyone had the exact, same upgrades.

Beemer

Archived