The MT-07 Forum

Delkevic Exhaust

ricochet08

Yeah, they offer a bunch of different options, as far as the mufflers go.

Some are dirt cheap.

If memory serves, and this was many moons ago now, they weren't that bad of quality, for the price.

And they are old school looking, which is more my speed.

I've always like Delkevic products, since you usually get decent quality and sound for crazy cheap. I dunno how I feel about this long exhaust. On one hand, it takes away from the sexy center-mount exhaust look...but then the high/side mount is more Ducati-ish. I'm torn.

• Premium Member

Honestly I might go with one of their shorter muffler options. I was planning to go with Marthy's exhaust, but at a substantial savings AND being a full system.. this just might be the ticket.

I would prefer the midpipe to be a little shorter, but it still looks pretty damn good and the delekevic muffler sounds super radical.

Thanks for sharing.

Everything went braap.

I just checked their ebay store, so many options! 8", 9", 13", 18" cans, SS, carbon, tri-oval. Man. Looks like Delk is coming out hard for the FZ-07. Once some sound clips pop up, I might start eyeballing these and save a few bucks over the Yoshimura I've been planning on getting.

After looking at all the options, I think the 13" tri oval is my favorite. Still trying to decide between stainless or carbon. Not too huge, but not so small it looks weird. I don't mind the small mufflers as long as they're tucked under the bike. Once they're on the side and out in the open, I prefer a bit bigger muffler otherwise it looks weird to me.

• Premium Member

I am really intrigued by these as well. Thanks Ricochet08 for pointing them out. I like the 8" carbon fiber, but still not set. I really want to hear them....if they sound good...i don't see a reason for spending any more on a different brand.

i also like how it is a full system. i can save the stock system and if i sell the bike, thats a bonus to have.

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

Well as far as sound goes, it's worth noting that Marthy uses Delkevic carbon cans. They usually have a deep rumble with good tone, especially for the money. I've always been pleased with any of the Delk vids I've seen on youtube, even for the Ninja 300. It's really tempting to get a super nice name brand exhaust from Italy or something like that...but you just can't beat the price of some of these budget options coming out. I mean...am I really going to get $200-$400 of additional value out of a "top end" exhaust? Probably not. Especially since I'm mostly in it for sound.

I second that @mjesenovec. Do you know if a fuel controller is required? Like the EJK from Marthy?
No, it won't be different from any of the other full systems.  General consensus is drive-ability is pretty much stock-like, with a little more difference being noticed when you take the baffle out.  As always, you're going to get smoother operation across the rev range whenever you add an EJK/PCV, etc, but it's not required.  Nothing will be damaged from just slapping the exhaust on and running stock fueling.   
Their listings on eBay even say "no rejetting or remapping is required," so they even market their own products as not requiring any fuel adjustments.  Will it help and improve the bike over stock?  Yes.  Is it necessary or damaging if you leave it stock?  No.  

Hope that helps!

Also, @effzee07 , I've been watching all your youtube vids and have enjoyed them so far!  I'm hoping to vlog at some point if/when i'm finally able to get my bike. 

• Premium Member

@mjesenovec Thanks!! That is much appreciated for the youtube comment! I'm trying to get better as they go on. Hoping to get more topics to talk about. Going to try to do a video this weekend of my new bar end mirror install. Also thank you for the ejk answer, wasn't 100% so im glad someone is lol

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I have @marthy kit, which uses the 8" Delkevic and a custom mid pipe. Sounds great, looks good.. what concerns did you have?

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

@hobbs, thanks! Glad to hear it sounds good....I was interested in the 8" carbon fiber muffler....but with their entire exhaust kit. I think its 389 on ebay. I'm not 100% sold on the position of the muffler...I kind of like the position of the yoshimura and even the stock muffler. I really like the price of the delkevic system though. Give and take i guess

@hobbs, thanks! Glad to hear it sounds good....I was interested in the 8" carbon fiber muffler....but with their entire exhaust kit. I think its 389 on ebay. I'm not 100% sold on the position of the muffler...I kind of like the position of the yoshimura and even the stock muffler. I really like the price of the delkevic system though. Give and take i guess

The systems can is high mounted covering the rear brake and is held up with a strap that is mounted to the passenger peg. I think it sounds great and even with the baffle out its not TOO loud but looks wise a system mounted like the Yoshi one would be worth saving for as the delkevic isn't the prettiest thing. The price is right however and if you like the high mounted/ricer can look you can't really go wrong with it I would buy again.

• Premium Member

Yeah they are mounted a little high. That's why I like the kit from @marthy. It puts the muffler closer to stock positioning.. really tucked away and it sounds mean. You should give him a shout.

Everything went braap.

It might be possible to custom mount the delk exhaust each part is separate I'll just have to mess around with it on my next day off.

So after thinking about it the delkevic exhaust weighs almost nothing and doesn't use any mounting holes. This exhaust is only held up by the header bolts and the footpeg strap so I figure if you cut down the mid-pipe you could probably mount it in the stock position with the stock exhaust mounting holes. Worth a shot.

• Premium Member

You can always visit an exhaust shop or machine shop and they should be able to fab a midpipe, or modify yours. I don't expect it would cost a whole heck of a lot.

Everything went braap.

I was thinking about the 8inch muffle with a shorter mid pipe to maybe mount the muffler in the stock location pulled all the way under like a buell style

Archived