The MT-07 Forum

Anyone listen to music while riding?

Grant31781

My helmet wind noise is a bit excessive. I tried a scarf wrapped around my neck and a tee shirt pulled up my neck like that buff.  The scarf worked the best. However my Wife's scarf is a bit hot and looks strange around my neck. LOL

Scrunching up my shoulder to my helmet or blocking the air with my arm makes a drastic difference.  The air flowing up my jacket is hitting the sides of my helmet right above my shoulders. I need some kind of boot that goes around the helmet and drapes down to my jacket. I think that would kill most of my wind noise.

• Like 1

WankyMcTugger

There's a kit out there called the Shoei Whisper. It's a curtain that goes all around the helmet and seals your neck. It's not available in the US, but I ordered mine from a Spanish website and got it within a week. There's nothing that makes it Shoei specific. It can fit most helmets that have a flat bottom. It won't fit the RF-1200 due to the angle that the bottom of the helmet has built into it,

• Like 1

• Premium Member

A reply to the topic:

Yes, Snot - Joy Ride.....

kidding... that would get me in trouble quick🤣

I've got a Cardo Slim in my "wishlist".  I'll likely pull the trigger when the next version comes out, shich should be "future" proofed enough for me to warrant the $ spent.  I'll likely be purchasing a new helmet at that time as well, so it would make sense.  I'd like to have music built-in, I've tried earplug style earbuds and have never been able to get the helmet off without ripping my ears off.  I've got a few neck gators that I should pull over the ears to see how well that works, but so far nothing has been comfortable.  I tend to zone out on long rides and the music keeps my mind engaged enough to be "alert".  I'll fall asleep if my mind starts to drift, so I need something to stay in the moment.  Currently on long rides I'll, talk to myself, sing, etc to maintain focus.  

I recently bought a pair of these after reading some recommendations on in-ear headphones that are comfortable in a helmet: https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-20GN-Ear-Headphones-Green/dp/B003CP0KEG

They do the trick, but I'll be picking up some Comply foam tips soon to help block out additional sound. My Shoei GT-Air is pretty noisy on it's own so I really need something to block out wind noise. The option of music is an added bonus.

I'm not really worried about being distracted. I listen to music constantly when doing all sorts of things, including while working (programming). It helps me concentrate rather than being a distraction.

Zephyr, I have mentioned this a few times on here. I wear a slip of leather over my head from ear to ear. It keeps my ear plugs in place and makes removing the helmet easy.

Just do it!