The MT-07 Forum

Motion Pro Cable Luber

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

I recently bought a Motion Pro cable luber and tried it out this weekend.  It did the job of lubing my clutch cable, but I couldn't get a decent seal around the cable, and there was a lot of lube dripping out of the tool, after applying only a small spray of lube.  Although it was a bit of a messy process, the lube did make its way to the end of the cable fairly quickly.  Overall I would rate it...............Meh.

08-0182.jpg
FORTNINE.CA

Purchase the Motion Pro Cable Luber - 08-0182 at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bornagainbiker said:

I recently bought a Motion Pro cable luber and tried it out this weekend.  It did the job of lubing my clutch cable, but I couldn't get a decent seal around the cable, and there was a lot of lube dripping out of the tool, after applying only a small spray of lube.  Although it was a bit of a messy process, the lube did make its way to the end of the cable fairly quickly.  Overall I would rate it...............Meh.

But would you buy it again?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
2 hours ago, DewMan said:

But would you buy it again?

If I were to buy another cable luber, I would try a different brand.  I had a cable luber back in the late 70s that worked great, unfortunately I don't remember who made it.

• Thanks 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Global Moderator

Funny I'm pretty sure it was the '70s, and I had the MotionPro cable luber.

It always would leak while you were lubing, runs all over your hand, but dam it does the job every time.

I just bought a new MotioPro luber last month. They have two styles now, the new style doesn't leak all over your hand.

I bought the old one, the '70s model, and I enjoyed thoroughly using it and being taken back to those days.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I'm usually a fan of all things "Motion-Pro".... Their cable luber is a joke!!! Next time, I'll just spray a bunch of cable lube on my garage floor, replace said cable with "new" and move on 🙄....

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

@bornagainbiker: About 15 years ago I bought the same luber you have and while it did a decent job of lubricating the cable, it also made a mess.

Earlier this year I bought Motion Pro’s updated version. (See link below.) It has a sleek design and received rave reviews on Amazon and elsewhere but for me worked only marginally better than the original design — it did the job but leaked lube down the cable and all over my hand. The body of it sealed fine, as did the end where the lube can’s spray hose goes in, but the gasket leaked on the fat end where the throttle cable inserts.

Next time I’m going to forego the lubers and try the paper funnel technique.  

motion_pro_cable_luber_v3.jpg

The Motion Pro Cable Luber V3 is an easy way to clean and lubricate your...

Edited by D.A.

• Premium Member

I think I'll stick to sandwich baggy, filled with lube of choice,  sealed around the top cable end with a rubber band and an absorbent material ( or collecting baggy) ready to collect what works it's way down the inside of the cable overnight.

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.