The MT-07 Forum

Night time ride through Tokyo in beautiful HD quality

tarmacjapan

Wow, those are huge crosswalks! What's up with all the Mercedes's ( Mercedi?)? I know it's loud, but the bike sounds tough in this video. 👍

Edited by shinyribs

Liquidmetal

I'm a country boy, so there are way too many people for me to ever want to live there, but I would love to visit Tokyo just for the experience.

• Like 1

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I surprised myself by sitting and watching the whole thing. 

It's pretty neat to see a city you'e heard about your whole life (but will probably never visit - I can hardly even get out of my state it seems like) from this perspective. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Loving your videos! It must be awesome to live there!

• 3 weeks later...
tarmacjapan

Thanks buddy. It's fun for a while, but eventually the working life starts to drag. I'm getting pretty sick of working 6 days a week. The only fun times I have these days are riding to the mountains on my day off. Definitely worth living here for a year or so if you're young and free ;)

Nice video! What are you recording with, looks pretty good! I have an older GoPro that records 60fps in 1080P which doesn't look bad on my computer but once you tube has got ahold of it, it looks like crap.

Beemer

tarmacjapan

It's a GoPro Hero 7 Black on my helmet and a SJ7 on my brake reservoir...

I record it always at 400ISO and set the color to native. Then I adjust the colors and contrast etc. in the editing software. If I uploaded it straight from the camera it would look pretty crappy.

• Premium Member

I realize I already commented...

So I've been checking out a bunch of your videos and I like what you've done. Just a nice ride. I live in Massachusetts, which actually has some very nice country roads to ride. I've been riding around with my girlfriend and recording our rides. I'd love to know how you go about getting such high quality videos up. I'm just dipping my toes into editing and the process is overwhelming!

• 2 weeks later...
tarmacjapan

Hey bud. I film in 1080 30fps or 60fps, with the protune turned on. Settings are ISO400 and color set to native.

Then I have to edit the footage and do some color correction / grading on it using filters...

To save a 10 min video takes like 8 hours, so it is a ballache, but I like the results