The MT-07 Forum

Replaced my speed cluster and now my speed is not working??

eVelBandito

eVelBandito

LHey guys so I had a little fall on my bike and somehow my speed cluster got a crack in it. I thought no problem I'll just get a new cluster online! Sure enough found one used on eBay. I installed it ( simple plug and play) got my bike running and now everything on my display works, even the different menu options. My speed however does not work correctly at all showing what I believe is about half my actual speed. So here's my question, I was talking to some buddy's and they said I had to reprogram the cluster to the bike! Is that possible? Is that not a real thing? Or is it definitely possible just need the right equipment? How do I go about getting this done! Can I do this alone or would I need a shop to help me out?

2 hours ago, eVelBandito said:

LHey guys so I had a little fall on my bike and somehow my speed cluster got a crack in it. I thought no problem I'll just get a new cluster online! Sure enough found one used on eBay. I installed it ( simple plug and play) got my bike running and now everything on my display works, even the different menu options. My speed however does not work correctly at all showing what I believe is about half my actual speed. So here's my question, I was talking to some buddy's and they said I had to reprogram the cluster to the bike! Is that possible? Is that not a real thing? Or is it definitely possible just need the right equipment? How do I go about getting this done! Can I do this alone or would I need a shop to help me out?

My guess is your cluster is set on mph instead of kph. Toggle thru the functions using the right button on the bottom face of the unit until it is on the odo function. Now press and hold the left button for 3 Seconds to change it to kph.

Archived