Sign in to follow this  
BMWW213

Greetings From Northern Nevada

BMWW213

Hi guys/gals, my name is Yvette, just bought this 2016 Yamaha FZ07 on the 3rd. This is my second bike less than a year of getting my motorcycle endorsement. My first motorcycle was a 2015 Honda Rebel, which I still have. Obviously the FZ07 is different than the Rebel, so right now weather permitting, I am learning how to ride the FZ07. It’s been an experience so far, a fun one. I had a few questions in regards to any aftermarket parts installed on the bike, I see frame sliders and the tail tidy. Are there any other aftermarket mods installed? Sorry for the dealer pictures, haven’t really taken any pictures yet.

87B51251-8856-4A6F-9D4E-08A067156F12.thumb.jpeg.c76b6f6bfb600c4a9ddf4bd09460760c.jpegD65CF507-8919-4981-8E94-53D09AB85486.thumb.jpeg.01b8be1225647a6a1846e979478e19f9.jpeg

• Like 1

imherefortheride

Welcome! Congrats on the upgrade from the Rebel. Looks like the grips might be aftermarket? Take your time getting to know your new bike! These things can sure fly, so tame that throttle hand 😁 Have fun out there!

BMWW213
19 minutes ago, imherefortheride said:

Welcome! Congrats on the upgrade from the Rebel. Looks like the grips might be aftermarket? Take your time getting to know your new bike! These things can sure fly, so tame that throttle hand 😁 Have fun out there!

Thanks, I thought they might be aftermarket too, but not sure. Trying to tame that throttle hand, but failing miserably 😁

• Haha 1

bornagainbiker

Welcome to the forum.  Other than the aftermarket items already mentioned, the levers are aftermarket, and it looks like you have mirror extenders too. 😀

Give Respect To Get Respect

https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Beemer

Welcome and congrats! I noticed a tail tidy, sliders and spools. Someone got a decent start for you. Stay frosty! >>> Cars hate bikes. Also, in 24 hours there'll be a knock at your door. Don't open it …. it will be the previous owner wanting his/her FZ-07 back, lol!

Beemer

BMWW213
4 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

Welcome to the forum.  Other than the aftermarket items already mentioned, the levers are aftermarket, and it looks like you have mirror extenders too. 😀

I thought it might have extenders, but also wasn’t sure.

BMWW213
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats! I noticed a tail tidy, sliders and spools. Someone got a decent start for you. Stay frosty! >>> Cars hate bikes. Also, in 24 hours there'll be a knock at your door. Don't open it …. it will be the previous owner wanting his/her FZ-07 back, lol!

Yeah after really looking at it, I am really happy they gave me a good start. They better not be at my door, won’t answer anyways, lol.

• Like 1

robbo10

MT-07 and a Rebel make a good pairing. Me too. 

Just do it! 

bartman5impson

The handlebars look taller too. I don't think any 15-17 fz07s came with black bars. Also explains why the stock bar end weights are not installed.

• Like 1

BMWW213
9 hours ago, robbo10 said:

MT-07 and a Rebel make a good pairing. Me too. 

I loved my Rebel, I literally just delivered her to her new owner about an hour ago. I know she’ll be loved. The new owners son also has a Rebel.

BMWW213
6 hours ago, bartman5impson said:

The handlebars look taller too. I don't think any 15-17 fz07s came with black bars. Also explains why the stock bar end weights are not installed.

That’s cool, I thought handlebars were stock. I notice that I don’t have to lean forward much if at all.

vitaltears

Loving the bike, fam. Welcome!

Beemer
18 hours ago, bartman5impson said:

Yes, good looking bars if you want to sit upright, which I do. 

Beemer

BMWW213
4 hours ago, vitaltears said:

Loving the bike, fam. Welcome!

Thank you

BMWW213
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

Yes, good looking bars if you want to sit upright, which I do. 

I do to, which is why I hesitated buying this type of bike, but when I sat on it at the dealer it wasn’t much different from my Rebel. 

• Like 1