mountainmancorn

Trouble installing Akra carbon

mountainmancorn
Posted (edited)

Hey, I can't tell if I got some wrong parts or if I'm just an idiot, but something must not be right.. the brackets for the connector pipe (the looped one) and the mufflercan are mis-aligned by about 90° and I can't tell for the life of me what I did wrong, and can't find another way to mount it. Any advice would be great, thank you.

IMG_20190412_165400.jpg

Edited by mountainmancorn

SixSpeeder

Looks like your muffler is rotated the wrong way. Unbolt the muffler support, take the springs off, and slide it off. Then reposition the muffler support, the logo on the muffler should be facing towards you when you're standing on that side of the bike, not pointing straight up in the air. 

SixSpeeder

mountainmancorn

I thought the muffler support only fit the muffler one way. Do you mean the carbon fiber strap or the metal piece on the rear sets?

mountainmancorn

Just kidding, I'm just dumb. With the washers on other side of the strap, everything mounts to the outside of the mounting bracket. Not a side of the strap on either side of the bracket. Thanks for the help! I just needed another look on it