The MT-07 Forum

Buy front brake cables get rear free (Galfer SS)

Kyuzo

If you need basic stainless steel brake cables no frills oem or two line.

Here you go.

WWW.MOTOSPORT.COM

Fast, Free Shipping on Orders Over $79 on 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Galfer Front with FREE Rear Brake Line Kit & Galfer and gear at MotoSport.com. Shop with the guys that ride!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

imherefortheride

Noobie question that I could probably Google, what's the difference between OEM and 2-line front? OEM is one connector up top then splits to two, so what's the advantage of the 2-line?

I asked the same question. I spoke to Galfer and was told to stick with OEM. The OEM splits the line so there is only one connection to the master cylinder. It seems to be a cleaner install. Less routing. Using 2 lines seems a bit more complicated. I'll stick with OEM.

Edited by scat2me
Needed to correct a comment
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 4/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, mcbrien said:

No ABS version 🤨

I noticed that too... Then I started looking closer and it seems like the ABS bikes have a lot more hard material in the lines - possibly even metal - anyway. Looking at how they're routed through the bike, not sure I would even want to deal with the install either TBH. The sections of line that are soft seem to be near the handlebars and would need to be softer to prevent kinks.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I have the Galfer "2-line" front brake system on my FZ-07... Routing was slightly difficult- I run Renthal "Ultra-low" bars, which makes the front brake lines slightly too long. I managed to stow the excess cleanly behind the headlight assembly. It was worth the effort!!! The lines were the ONLY thing I changed. I still run the OEM master cylinder, calipers, and pads. The feel of the brakes is much better. Rubber brake lines "swell" under braking pressure- even when new... For the money, I think it's worthwhile investment if you plan to keep your FZ-07 for many years. Steel braided lines should last for the life of the bike, as long as you change the fluid every couple years. I'm very happy with mine 😎-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"