The MT-07 Forum

07 Race Thread, Bring Your War Stories.

Vex

Anything race related goes, on track, off track, stoplight shennanigans, whatever. As long as you were on your 07 I want to hear the story. 

I'll kick it off. Yesterday I pulled up to a stoplight near my house and a guy in an M3 BMW was revving his engine at me. I ignored it at first, but as we pulled up to the next stop light we both realized there were no cars behind us, or in front. I looked over to the BMW, revved my engine a couple times while I wiggled my ass, and as soon as that light turned green it was on. Off the line i had him in 1st 2nd 3rd and made it to the red light about half a second before he did. This time I decided to give him a rolling start and when the light turned green I stayed with him until about 20mph in 2nd, pinned it, front wheel came up a tad, and he was gone. It was a good battle and now we wave everytime we see one another. His M3 was far from stock so I'm proud of myself for holding it down long as I did. 

Anyway let's hear some war stories. If you dont race people at stoplights this probably isnt the thread for you, as we will never agree 😂 

Rdy, set, GO

sad thing is that stoplights are the only place where mt07 can outrun m3 :D but considering price/fun ratio it is much better value 

I'm not too awfully surprised knowing that our bike is as fast , if not faster 0-60, than a number of so called "super cars". Also, Adamo is right so we have to remain somewhat humble with cars like that.

I'm not proud to say this but …… I beat up a woman once. That's right, when I first got my bike I pulled up behind a gnarly looking woman on a H.D. (you know the kind, leathery skin, bad redneck attitude) She looked in her mirror and over her shoulder at me and started revving her engine. When the light turned she took off making all kinds of racket. To hear it you would've thought she had some bad-ass bike it was so loud but in reality it was a sad-ass.

I sat there and watched her try to pull away as fast as she could and I burst out laughing inside my helmet because it appeared comical to me. She was trying so hard and getting nowhere fast! Did she really think her bike was quicker than mine, that she "Had Me", the thought cracked me up it was so ludicrous! I had no intentions of racing her so, a little after I pulled away from the light at normal speed just watching her. She got about four car lengths out in from of me with her still hard on the throttle before I said, "Oh, f.uck this! She's not riding away with a story about how she beat a Yamaha" and I nailed it in 2nd, revving it out to around 8k and banged into 3rd and blew past her like she was standing still. 

Like I said, I'm not proud but at least she isn't telling no tales and laughing about me and my FZ-07 at some campfire surrounded by mullets and Budweiser. 💫

Beemer

Archived