The MT-07 Forum

Fitted a Chinese SC Project exhaust - It's sooo loud

tarmacjapan

Hahaha! Well, I found the vid lol. Still a nice set of pipes for the money. Maybe just need to find another can to fit on there?

tarmacjapan

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I just ran the bike up at work with the can on and off. It hardly changes, but there is a change. If I change the can to something of a smaller diameter and a bit longer, I'm sure it will quieten down but still sound bad ass

I'm thinking of getting an SC Project exhaust too, but for sure don't want it that loud. I live in a gated community with a bunch of older folks and I'm sure I'd spook them with your exhaust. What model exhaust is the one on your FZ?

Edit: Just realized it's a "Chinese" version of SC Project exhaust. lol. Well I'm an idiot. It sounds nice though.

Edited by JMPFZ07
Info add on

I would open that puppy up and check for packing to see it it even has any and if it doesn't then pack it with some. That should help a little to quiet it down and give it a better sound. Sounds like China's best doo-doo right now.

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...
squiernut

I bought a very similar Chinese exhaust off Aliexpress.  It came with an SC Project sticker that wasn't attached.  Needless to say, I didn't put it on.  Mine came with a db killer that was just enough to quiet it to my liking.   Maybe this one will work for your exhaust?

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.