The MT-07 Forum

Good Price for 2017 FZ-07 ABS?

kenzol

Got a pending deal in CA for a 2017 FZ-07 ABS with 11k miles. Maintenance up to date. Has Akra Carbon exhaust, fender eliminator/tail light, FlashTune, CRG levers. Is $5300 a good price? Only thing that I'm concerned about is the higher mileage.

Edited by kenzol

I bought my 2017 FZ07 Non ABS with 7 miles. Some guy won it in a raffle and didn't ride. He traded it in to a car dealership and they put it on Craigslist. I paid $5500.00 out the door. It came with a 4 year extended warranty. I've added roughly $2000.00 in upgrades

FZ07   1.jpg

• Global Moderator

If it was looked after I would not be too concerned about the mileage.  It shows that it was not sitting much.  Bikes hate to just sit and not be used.  Does he have any records to show the servicing was done?  I would be more concerned about that then the mileage.  My bike has over 18,000 more and is going strong.  I know there are people here that have way more miles on their bikes then I do. 

5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

If it was looked after I would not be too concerned about the mileage.  It shows that it was not sitting much.  Bikes hate to just sit and not be used.  Does he have any records to show the servicing was done?  I would be more concerned about that then the mileage.  My bike has over 18,000 more and is going strong.  I know there are people here that have way more miles on their bikes then I do. 

He does have records and looks well maintained. I found a 2018 MT-07 with Akra Ti, 2wheel tune, CRG levers with 3400 miles for 5.5K. Which do you think is the better deal?

• Global Moderator

@kenzol, I agree with @scat2me, and 2WDW really know this bike.  I have their tune with a stock exhaust and love it.  If I change my exhaust I will go with the Akra ti. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:04 PM, mjh937 said:

@kenzol, I agree with @scat2me, and 2WDW really know this bike.  I have their tune with a stock exhaust and love it.  If I change my exhaust I will go with the Akra ti. 

Never mind the MT-07 seller backed out after we agreed on a price lol. So 11k miles for 5.3k is not a bad deal?

• Global Moderator
13 hours ago, kenzol said:

Never mind the MT-07 seller backed out after we agreed on a price lol. So 11k miles for 5.3k is not a bad deal?

Too bad about the MT-07.  I think 5.3k is about right on the price, especially with service records.  Let us know what you decide (with some pictures :) ). 

• Global Moderator
13 hours ago, kenzol said:

Too bad about the MT-07.  I think 5.3k is about right on the price, especially with service records (KBB.com shows a $5940 retail price with "typical mileage", which I suspect it's less than 11k).  Let us know what you decide (with some pictures :) ).