The MT-07 Forum

Suggestions for Best Epoxy/Glue/Adhesive

FZ07R WaNaB

FZ07R WaNaB

I need some suggestions for the best epoxy or glue to help attach those black caps that go on the side frame covers for the FZ/MT. They are #33 in the attached pic. They are secured by both snap prongs and glue. I broke off one of the prongs, but I'm assuming that I can just glue the caps on and it will be OK. In case your wondering, I took them off to powdercoat the frame covers. Those caps appear to be some type of plastic, and the cover is some kind of metal. I have no clue what's out there as far as an adhesive that will work for this.

Any suggestions?

Capture.JPG

• Global Moderator

Barge All Purpose Cement https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3UTMJM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_c1SQCbZJEGA74

2 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

I need some suggestions for the best epoxy or glue to help attach those black caps that go on the side frame covers for the FZ/MT. They are #33 in the attached pic. They are secured by both snap prongs and glue. I broke off one of the prongs, but I'm assuming that I can just glue the caps on and it will be OK. In case your wondering, I took them off to powdercoat the frame covers. Those caps appear to be some type of plastic, and the cover is some kind of metal. I have no clue what's out there as far as an adhesive that will work for this.

Any suggestions?

It's a contact, cement so put it on both sides let it get tacky and clamp it together. 

It's the same stuff used to glue soles on to shoes

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Hey bro, I got your covers done and will be shipping them out in the AM. I thought I read somewhere that the plugs had a ring of double sided tape that stuck them in place, but I can't say for sure. I'd probably be tempted to put a dab of silicone on the backside. Should be plenty strong enough to keep and rattles away without being so permanent, in case you decide to change colors again in the future. But that's just me. 

Archived