The MT-07 Forum

Liquid Image Ego Camera

redrover

So, I broke down and bought a camera for the bike; went with the Liquid Image Ego.  It is small and cheap, but has some nice features, and good quality.  I mounted it on the bike itself, instead of say, my helmet, since I did not want anything else adding to the drag and weight on my head.  Mounting to the bike hurts the video quality, since everything the bike bounces over, and all the vibrations etc, the camera experiences as well.  Helmet mounts usually give better results, since the rider tends to dampen vibration and jolts with their squishy mass! ;)
My primary interest was to be able to record any incidents and accidents I might be involved in, for various reasons, legal, etc, so smooth video was not as important as easy access and a good view for the camera.  

I mounted the camera to the front slope of the instrument mount, above the ignition key; it has just enough clearance to install and remove the camera with the quick release mount with the key in place, and remove the key with the camera in place.  I reversed the position of the hinged portion of the stock mount the camera comes installed on, to fit the location, and so far, it does the trick!

I bought mine from Revzilla; some useful reviews and a good video about the camera on their site.  Lots of places sell this camera, I just like Revzilla for most of my bike related purposes.020_zps4bf60380.jpg

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

Subtle and effective, I like it :)

I think the helmet cams look ridiculous haha. They remind me of when we look back at the first cell phones.

What about helmet cams look ridiculous? The actual camera mounted to the helmet, or the video they capture? I was gonna say...a flip phone from 2003 didn't record in 1080p. :P

• Premium Member

I'll take looking ridiculous over not winning my case in court cause some dumbass says he didn't pull out in-front of me illegally when I swerve to miss him. I had a handlebar mounted camera and the reason I didn't like it was due to the fact was it was always pointed forward. Back on the subject though, I like it and it matches :) If I didn't already own a camera I'd look into this one. Let us know how the videos turn out.

• Premium Member
I'll take looking ridiculous over not winning my case in court cause some dumbass says he didn't pull out in-front of me illegally when I swerve to miss him. I had a handlebar mounted camera and the reason I didn't like it was due to the fact was it was always pointed forward. Back on the subject though, I like it and it matches :) If I didn't already own a camera I'd look into this one. Let us know how the videos turn out.
It really just depends on how you mount the camera to your helmet. Some are more aerodynamic/eye-pleasing than others... But I agree with @GAZ.  
I've tried the handlebar mount and didn't like it for the same reason. One of the days I decided to mount it, it totally missed how a car parallel to me almost hit me when he decided to come into my lane. 

But yes - props to the color coordination and can't wait to see some video!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

What about helmet cams look ridiculous? The actual camera mounted to the helmet, or the video they capture? I was gonna say...a flip phone from 2003 didn't record in 1080p. :P
Just how dated it looks when attached to the helmet, you would think we would have a much better solution at this point.....I totally get the appeal and purpose of them though. 
I was also thinking more along the lines of this...Brick.jpg

Admit it, you chose liquid image over gopro hero just because it came in red, didn't you!
Must be it. Another one for the crazy red people, this SJ4000

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag272/arnau11/71PZ0Jh9L5L_SL1200__zps86128da1.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Original-SJ4000-Waterproof-Camcorder-Makibes/dp/B00MIT65BE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414973781&sr=1-1&keywords=sj4000+red

Admit it, you chose liquid image over gopro hero just because it came in red, didn't you!
It didn't hurt that it was available in red ;-)  I had previously bought the basic black colored ego for the girlfriends use as a dash cam, so I wanted the red one to help easily differentiate the two, since I do all the downloads and charging of both together on my desk... 
Price was an important decision, as was size.  The ego is significantly cheaper, and very compact, and does what I need!

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

Archived