The MT-07 Forum

Facebook asking for personal email passwords. Please, dont be dumb enough

Cruizin

If you havent heard, Facebook is not so great at security. A few weeks ago, they admitted to storing millions of users FB passwords without encryption, just sitting around. 

But now, tey are asking some users to give them the passwords to their outside personal email accounts. And, some are actually dumb enough to give em up. 

Please, don't be dumb enough to do this.   Just a heads up.. 

190402-poulsen-facebook-tease_aftcxh
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Mark Zuckerberg admitted recently that Facebook doesn’t have a ‘strong reputation’ for privacy. An odd new request for private data probably won’t help with that rep.

Why  would they ask for that? And why on earth would ANYONE comply?! Wow.

Facebook is a trainwreck. It's existence boggles my mind.

Edited by shinyribs

5 hours ago, shinyribs said:

And why on earth would ANYONE comply?

Have you seen the people addicted to FB?  Head down, looking at their phone, having conversations with no one, in their own little world?

They'd give up bodily organs rather than lose their membership.  It's like a drug.

So sad...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm only 24, but If I could get people my age to just realize how free you feel when unconnected I bet most would give it up. I deleted the app for a few months and it felt GREAT! sadly I downloaded it again to help sell some bike parts. After having the few months without it though I can tell you I rarely use the app.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laben said:

I'm only 24, but If I could get people my age to just realize how free you feel when unconnected I bet most would give it up. I deleted the app for a few months and it felt GREAT! sadly I downloaded it again to help sell some bike parts. After having the few months without it though I can tell you I rarely use the app.

My wife and I are a bit older than you, being in our late thirties. I used Facebook for a day several years ago, but she really got in to. She naturally has always been more social then me. Our relationship nearly ended over it back when we were dating. She is still on Facebook but only logs in a few evenings a week now. It changed who she was in such a drastic way that I broke up with her , and I'd been walking around with an engagement ring hiding in my pocket for a while. My Dad had to sit mother down and have a serious talk about Facebook a couple years ago. You can be on Facebook in a healthy way. I'm not sure why some people get in to it so deep though. Keep the faith! Haha

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

My wife and I are a bit older than you, being in our late thirties. I used Facebook for a day several years ago, but she really got in to. She naturally has always been more social then me. Our relationship nearly ended over it back when we were dating. She is still on Facebook but only logs in a few evenings a week now. It changed who she was in such a drastic way that I broke up with her , and I'd been walking around with an engagement ring hiding in my pocket for a while. My Dad had to sit mother down and have a serious talk about Facebook a couple years ago. You can be on Facebook in a healthy way. I'm not sure why some people get in to it so deep though. Keep the faith! Haha

I'm glad it worked out! I truly believe its like a drug. It releases some of the same chemicals as drugs do so there's that.. Until some large event happens and people stop being so blind ill just keep on keepin on.

• Like 1