The MT-07 Forum

Is a Loose Throttle Tube Normal (solved)

The Pioneer

The Pioneer

My throttle tube has about 4-5mm of movement left and right and I was wondering if this is normal on a bike. Is that too much movement or should there be none at all? The throttle tube was replaced with an r6 throttle tube.

Edited by The Pioneer
Solved

• 1 month later...
ElGonzales

Yes, theres a little axial movement (MT-07 throttle tube). Haven't measured it, aprox. 2mm on my bike. 

• Global Moderator

Mine has always done this, probably about 1/8 of an inch (I am not sure how many mm that is).  I notice it every now and then, but mostly I forget it does it. 

Liquidmetal

Mine has it as well.  Don't really think about it, it doesn't bother me.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Both of ours have it.  Mine has the R6 throttle tube, my wife's is stock, both about the same.  Never really noticed it, had to go out to the garage to see.

• 2 months later...
cleverriver

you want a little bit of movement but not a lot. You can adjust the tension of the throttle cable to reduce the movement at the throttle tube with two 8mm wrenches, or adjust at the throttle body. I try to get around 2mm of movement, but its up to personal preference honestly

• 3 weeks later...
The Pioneer

Thanks, from your responses it seems to be a normal thing. After riding my bike a lot more I have gotten used to it aswell and barely even notice it.