The MT-07 Forum

Pikes Peak

fzar

• Premium Member

This I just got wind of a little earlier in the day, I thought it might interest to some on here. I certainly find it interesting.

Elite German and Northern Ireland Racers Coming to Pikes Peak in June 

March 28, 2019  | PPIHC  | Competitor, Spectator

Colorado Springs—–The 2019 Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb’s booming international reputation will continue to grow in June as top-flight motorcycle racers Lucy Glöckner of Germany and Michael Dunlop of Northern Ireland will tackle America’s Mountain.

Glöckner was the 2018 motorcycle Rookie of the Year in the Race to the Clouds, finishing fifth in the Pikes Peak Heavyweight Division, clocking 10:21.932 on her BMW S1000R, the 23rd fastest time overall.

The 28-year-old racer, who lives in Krumhermersdorf, Germany, will be entered in the Heavyweight Division again, where she will face veterans like Codie Vahsholtz (third last year) and Australian Rennie Scaysbrook (second).

She’ll also face a decorated international racer in Pikes Peak rookie Dunlop, who comes from Moneymore, Northern Ireland. He’s set to race a 2019 BMW S1000R in his debut, the same motorcycle as Glöckner’s entry. Both will be a part of the team, Wunderlich MOTORSPORT powered by ProKASRO.

Dunlop (29) is part of a motorcycle racing dynasty, the brother of the late William Dunlop, son of Robert and nephew of former World Champion Joey Dunlop.

The 2018 season was a tragic one for the Dunlop family, as Michael’s older brother William was killed during practice for the 2018 Skerries 100 on a Yamaha YZF-R1, joining his father, Robert, and uncle, Joey, as riders who lost their lives racing.

He’s widely regarded among the most tenacious competitors in motorcycle racing. He won Superbike TT and Supersport TT races at the prestigious Isle of Man TT last year and has 18 wins in the famed race over the years.

The Heavyweight Division this year boasts racers from Germany, Northern Ireland, the Czech Republic, Japan, Australia and the USA, including Scaysbrook and Vahsholtz.

• Global Moderator

well f@#k..... this is going to be a good pikeys peak competition this year

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Here's another link that might be better:

image.jpg
WWW.NEWSLETTER.CO.UK

Michael Dunlop is set to make his debut in the notorious ‘Race to the Clouds’ Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in June.

The first 1 I was trying to copy and paste on my phone (not my forte)

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, fzar said:

Here's another link that might be better:

image.jpg
WWW.NEWSLETTER.CO.UK

Michael Dunlop is set to make his debut in the notorious ‘Race to the Clouds’ Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in June.

The first 1 I was trying to copy and paste on my phone (not my forte)

It'll be a walk in the park for him....   Though the elevation change could be a challenge.  I believe Guy Martin trained at home in a low oxygen environment to prepare for his first Pikes Peak race.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived