The MT-07 Forum

Project FZ-07R/T

Evill_Ed

"With stock gearing, 6th just falls on its face."I didn't see if you had flashed it ( may have missed it).

The stock ECU has limited the top 2 or 3 gears power output. It's one of the things you get freed up with some of the reflashes. If you haven't reflashed, before you regear get the limitations flashed out. ( At least that is what I was told by the guy that reflashed mine).

• Like 1

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, fzar said:

I'm sure you got a neighbourhood fan club, you could've gotten extra bonus points if you did it a lets say, 7AM. LOL

Actually, I live in the same house I grew up in with many of the same neighbors.  They remember when I was a kid and did start and ride my motorcycles early in the mornings.  They were not fans then 😜.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Evill_Ed said:

Actually, I live in the same house I grew up in with many of the same neighbors.  They remember when I was a kid and did start and ride my motorcycles early in the mornings.  They were not fans then 😜.

Ed

I think I know where you got the name now. 😆

• Haha 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
On 7/22/2019 at 1:08 AM, cleverriver said:

@Evill_Ed you should come out to the next round of the CCS races at NJMP on the 8/31 weekend. Loads of super fast guys doing some real racing, and a hand full of buit FZ's out there as well

I’m going to be there tomorrow 08/30. Are you.

• Premium Member
On 8/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, gregjet said:

"With stock gearing, 6th just falls on its face."I didn't see if you had flashed it ( may have missed it).

The stock ECU has limited the top 2 or 3 gears power output. It's one of the things you get freed up with some of the reflashes. If you haven't reflashed, before you regear get the limitations flashed out. ( At least that is what I was told by the guy that reflashed mine).

Just saw your post.  I did not know about the ecu limitation. I have not flashed it yet.  Hord Power airbox, Yoshimura pipe and Tune are this winters purchases.

Ed

NOTE: I do not know this for certain. ECU West told me this when I had it flashed.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, cleverriver said:

@Evill_Ed I'll be rolling in sometime in the afternoon

I’m set up by the VIP Suites by Track exit. Red Dodge Ram with black FZ and Red SV. 

Pop by if you have time 

Ed 

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, gregjet said:

NOTE: I do not know this for certain. ECU West told me this when I had it flashed.

Yah, you may have gotten bad info.  Never heard about gear limits and did not come across it in the flash-tune software when doing mine.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, blackout said:

Yah, you may have gotten bad info.  Never heard about gear limits and did not come across it in the flash-tune software when doing mine.

I have no idea, but i did hear of this before before I got my ecu flashed, so I'll leave this here: @blackout , @Evill_Ed, @gregjet

They flashed my bike, @2wheeldynoworks , and to this day, it's the best thing I ever done to the bike. (suspension is on the way!!!) Outstanding difference to say the least. They have a deal going on right now for labor day, check it out over at the vendors. They will do, what you want them to do to it, and the communication is second to none. Not to mind the fast return. I don't work for them, I'm just a very happy customer. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

I’m set up by the VIP Suites by Track exit. Red Dodge Ram with black FZ and Red SV. 

Pop by if you have time 

Ed 

Good Luck to the three of ya, I'm assuming the SV is running also? 

On another note are you going to be at NJMSP next week as well? MotoAmerica.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, fzar said:

Good Luck to the three of ya, I'm assuming the SV is running also? 

On another note are you going to be at NJMSP next week as well? MotoAmerica.

My son runs the SV.  I had another Great Day.

the 15tooth sprocket helped on the long straight. 

The CCS and MotoAmerica guys were impressive to watch, they were flying!

i will not be there next. Are you going.

Ed

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

My son runs the SV.  I had another Great Day.

the 15tooth sprocket helped on the long straight. 

The CCS and MotoAmerica guys were impressive to watch, they were flying!

i will not be there next. Are you going.

Ed

No I will not, I have a crap excuse. I'm in Arkansas. I'm trying to figure out getting to Barber though.

How doe's you son like the trackdays on the SV? or should I say how much does your son love it!!!! Glad the 15'er worked.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, fzar said:

No I will not, I have a crap excuse. I'm in Arkansas. I'm trying to figure out getting to Barber though.

How doe's you son like the trackdays on the SV? or should I say how much does your son love it!!!! Glad the 15'er worked.

Alright, that’s a reasonable excuse😜

My son loves the SV. We had found a really nice 2006 model with 2k miles.

6F7F85A0-23FF-4D90-BCF4-B060DC426D76.thumb.jpeg.8607ad078f7ab2123b06cedc74ec4876.jpeg

This was his second track day. He’s making steady progress and having a great time, he’s hooked. #796

I’m enjoying it, it’s great to share a hobby with my son.

Ed 

8570EB1F-F214-4C9A-8C87-13D319FCED1B.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

This was his second track day. He’s making steady progress and having a great time, he’s hooked. #796

I’m enjoying it, it’s great to share a hobby with my son.

Ed 

AWESOME, great choice on buying the SV. I was seriously going to buy 1 before the FZ-07 but then a bargain appeared for a 2015 FZ-07, 2,130 miles, babied and cared for like it was made of gold, in february 2017. So, almost 2 year old bike with 2,130 on the clock, I got  R&G spools, with a rear stand, all yamaha service records, a float charger and pig tail already installed, tail tidy, grunge brush, quart of yamaha lube 10W-40, T-Rex frame sliders, magnetic oil drain bolt, and he helped me load it. The only problem was, I had to go to Norman Oklahoma to get it 230 miles. It was the only 1 at the time showing up on cycletrader in my vicinity at that price. 

Anyway I got completely off topic, I apologise. Are both you and your son running Q3's or Q3+'s, it looks like their Q3's in the picture of #796 on the track. I'm on Q3+ F/R and I love them after 2 sets of Pirelli Angel ST's (which I really liked) and the OEM Michelin PR3'S that I thought were ehh.

• Premium Member

Sounds like you got a sweet deal.

My son is running Q3+ on the SV. I’m running Q3’s, actually I finished off the rear yesterday, time for a new set. Not sure if I’m gonna go with the Q3+ or Q4. I have been really happy with the Q3’s. 

Ed

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

So yesterday was my last track day of the season. However it was one of my most enjoyable ones.

I was lucky enough a few weeks ago to click quick and score @pgeldz Power Commander V, MWR (and DNA) Air Filters with lids, HealTech QuickShifter and Akra Ti Pipe. I installed the PCV, MWR and HealTech last week, Paul will be sending the Akra this week. I’m running my modified stock pipe for now with the rear chamber recirculating tubes cut out, hole cut in the second baffle plate and exhaust tip enlarged to 1-3/4in. 

I want to mention that Paul is an absolute pleasure to do business with, a real gentleman. Great communication, honest descriptions (his parts were like new) and quick shipping. He has also been friendly and has answered all of my questions promptly. I highly recommend Paul as both a private seller and through his business Bellissimoto. I’ve had great experiences with both. 

So I got everything set up and dialed in. I’m using Paul’s tune on the PCV. All I can say is WOW! My ECU was stock, I knew a tune would improve things, but I honestly had no idea it would be as impressive as it is. The engine just feels smoother all over. Not even cold blooded anymore, it takes throttle and revs smoothly from cold start.

I Did my first warm up lap and then rolled into it hard on the second lap. I couldn’t believe how strong the mid range pulls. Very noticeable. On the long straight I was using 6th gear every time. Prior to the tune, I could run 5th the whole way without hitting redline. Now I’m hitting 120 just before my braking zone for turn one. I love the intake sound from the MWR filter. Can’t wait to add the Akra Ti.

The HealTech is awesome. Wide open throttle and bam bam bam through the gears, sounds so cool. I also was able to blip and do clutch-less down shifts.

It was about 65 degrees  and clear most of the day. I rode really well, never really felt like I was pushing the limits, just smooth and consistent. Focused on my lines, getting better, but there is alway room for improvement. I was running in the top of the intermediate group and got to lead and follow a few instructors. 

My older son was with me on his SV650. This was his 3rd track day and first solo day with no instruction. He did well, he seems to naturally have good body position. His lines were improving and I saw him make a few passes.

Got to see and meet some new friends, everyone seemed to be in a particularly good mood yesterday. I got to spend another great day with my son sharing our hobby. 

All in all it was a great day, I felt like a kid. Can’t wait for next season.

Ed

Your Hero 914 😊

8FA3177B-5A81-4190-A5E3-45FAF19B67B9.thumb.jpeg.f2507549da9d34c4c36425aa0c5e5673.jpeg

My Son Dylan

C41A2235-2C1F-4B5C-828C-00181FA02452.thumb.jpeg.aa9a974a810ac781ccde284be56bd928.jpeg

• Like 7

• Premium Member

Thanks for the kind words Ed.  I'm really glad you like the new set up!

Loving your pics also!

:)

- Paul

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Getting ready for 2020 Modifications. I just received the captive spacer kits from TWF for the front and rear. 

Nice stuff!

1CA55921-0CD6-4C05-A775-2280827D9399.thumb.jpeg.5aa0ec0b6d456aea0e757c412d7071a3.jpeg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

Getting ready for 2020 Modifications. I just received the captive spacer kits from TWF for the front and rear. 

Nice stuff!

1CA55921-0CD6-4C05-A775-2280827D9399.thumb.jpeg.5aa0ec0b6d456aea0e757c412d7071a3.jpeg

LInk Please? 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Much appreciated. Any reason you chose TWF over any other brand of Captive spacers? 

I think I can answer my own question... I can't find any other brand of captive spacers for the FZ-07 .😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, DewMan said:

I think I can answer my own question... I can't find any other brand of captive spacers for the FZ-07 .😁

And Zoran makes really cool stuff 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1