Sign in to follow this  
West

Crash cage

West

Looking for simple engine protection similar to a crash cage. Hard to find foe mt 07. Easy to find foe mt 09.

DewMan

Try Googling Stunt cage instead?

Or do I not understand what you're looking for?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

norcal616

Higdonion Cage... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

robbo10

There was a version of the bike called a 'Cage 6' (or was that the name of the concept) or summat. Maybe you can buy those parts?

Just do it! 

shinyribs

I bought these for my bike and LOVE them.The fit was great and the finish has held up great. A woman backed her pickup into my bike and drove up on to the crash bars before she stopped. Zero damage other than a scratch on the cage. 

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Model Of The Year : yamaha MT 07 2017. Quantity :1 Set. | eBay!

• Like 1

Beemer
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, shinyribs said:

I bought these for my bike and LOVE them.The fit was great and the finish has held up great. A woman backed her pickup into my bike and drove up on to the crash bars before she stopped. Zero damage other than a scratch on the cage. 

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Model Of The Year : yamaha MT 07 2017. Quantity :1 Set. | eBay!

Did she thank you for the free undercarriage inspection you gave her? 😂 I take it you weren't actually on the bike when it happened, thank god for that, glad you're OK. (and bikey of course) Sounds like a good product to me.

• Haha 1

Beemer

shinyribs
Posted (edited)

Actually I was sitting on the bike when it happened. Her Nissan pickup was extremely quiet and I never heard her coming. Luckily, she was backing up very slowly. When the bike first started tipping over I thought I was being a clutz and was just dropping the bike somehow, but I quickly realized her tailgate was pushing against my luggage rack. I bailed off the bike with no damage. She was a very nice older lady and the whole thing upset her badly. I was the one she "ran over", but it was me that was hugging her while she cried lol. We stayed with her for a long while until she settled down enough to drive away.

I was 600 miles from home and was very happy to have a healthy bike to get me home! 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 4

Beemer
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, shinyribs said:

Actually I was sitting on the bike when it happened. Her Nissan pickup was extremely quiet and I never heard her coming. Luckily, she was backing up very slowly. When the bike first started tipping over I thought I was being a clutz and was just dropping the bike somehow, but I quickly realized her tailgate was pushing against my luggage rack. I bailed off the bike with no damage. She was a very nice older lady and the whole thing upset her badly. I was the one she "ran over", but it was me that was hugging her while she cried lol. We stayed with her for a long while until she settled down enough to drive away.

I was 600 miles from home and was very happy to have a healthy bike to get me home! 

You're one of the good ones. 💫

Beemer

shinyribs
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

You're one of the good ones. 💫

lol@that emote 

I'm really not. I jumped off the bike ready to swing, until I realized what the situation was. My natural reaction wasn't very saintly 😁

Beemer
2 hours ago, shinyribs said:

lol@that emote 

I'm really not. I jumped off the bike ready to swing, until I realized what the situation was. My natural reaction wasn't very saintly 😁

That's just a natural reaction to what is perceived as someone/something threatening your very life, the pope himself may've reacted the same way. Most people would've. It's how you responded afterward that was admirable. Accept your star, you deserved it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beemer

Zephyr
14 hours ago, Beemer said:

That's just a natural reaction to what is perceived as someone/something threatening your very life, the pope himself may've reacted the same way. Most people would've. It's how you responded afterward that was admirable. Accept your star, you deserved it.

Reminds me of the video of the Pope recently dodging people from kissing his hand/ring.  Hilarious!  Your situation not so much, just glad everyone was ok.

To the OP.  ZeusArmor does some stunt cage parts, there's the Impaktech listed above, and the ebay.  There's also the factory MT07 Cage if you can get them shipped from overseas (non-US model).

thumbnail_yamaha_1WSF43B01000.jpg
WWW.KFM-MOTORRAEDER.DE

Yamaha MT07 Moto Cage Rahmen Satz frame cage set Original Yamaha Neu