The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovics

What are the differences between these 2 and why would you choose one over the other? Do they sound completely different? 

Screenshot_2019-03-28-19-27-04-512_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2019-03-28-19-26-47-037_com.android.chrome.png

topazsparrow

They sound pretty much the same in the real world. The bottom one is louder with no baffle in it.

The bottom one makes more power with a tune, the first one can (officially stated) be run without a tune as long as you leave the baffle in.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

They sound pretty much the same in the real world. The bottom one is louder with no baffle in it.

The bottom one makes more power with a tune, the first one can (officially stated) be run without a tune as long as you leave the baffle in.

The top one makes most power with a tune...can be used without a tune by running the exhaust with the baffle and "cat" 

Top one has a wider TQ curve vs the bottom one

In all honesty, I would choose Yoshi and the Hordpower Airbox and a tune- cost just as much as an Akra-Ti and tune set up... 

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Since the differences in h.p. are negligible on the street (pipe alone) I would just get one I liked for it's looks and sound. The Akra's sound pretty much the same, the carbon being slightly louder but not so loud that it's bothersome. (w/DB killer in). I've hear most of the other pipes for this bike and they all sound good in their own way, some being louder than others, maybe too loud. (M4 in mind but some like it loud)

Beemer

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I currently have your "third option". I bought it because it seemed like a good compromise between the other two. (I have NO idea why Akrapovic makes three pipes for the same bike- WTH????) I did the Hordpower intake/PVC map. I also "modified" my db killer/insert. I drilled a couple extra holes in each the baffle tubes (check YouTube). This retains the quiter sound at lower RPM, but gives it more "bark" when you hammer on it 😎. I am absolutely thrilled with what Hord has done for the FZ-07. His intake/map, was by far the BEST $300 if thrown at my bike 👍-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Hi, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I am in the market for a 2018 / 2019 MT-07 and I've gone through listening to a lot of youtube exhaust sound and this Akrapovic sounds the best.

1) Anyone running this from the get go with db killer removed and no tune? Just curious if it affects the engine long term.  I don't ride enough miles to care if it just loses 1 or 2 horses and drops a few mpg.

2) How hard is it to remove and put in db killer for carbon or the titanium?

3) I read the Akrapovic titanium does not require tune if you leave the db killer in but a lot of people say it's quiet with the db killer.  Is that true?

• Premium Member
cornerslider
22 minutes ago, eMpTy-Oh7 said:

Hi, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I am in the market for a 2018 / 2019 MT-07 and I've gone through listening to a lot of youtube exhaust sound and this Akrapovic sounds the best.

1) Anyone running this from the get go with db killer removed and no tune? Just curious if it affects the engine long term.  I don't ride enough miles to care if it just loses 1 or 2 horses and drops a few mpg.

2) How hard is it to remove and put in db killer for carbon or the titanium?

3) I read the Akrapovic titanium does not require tune if you leave the db killer in but a lot of people say it's quiet with the db killer.  Is that true? 

The db killer removal on the Titanium is an exercise in patience..... WD-40 is your friend, take your time. It took me about 45 minutes the first time. I can do it in 5 minutes now. The Akrapovic Titanium is pretty quiet with the db killer in, but too loud (for my taste without it). Read my earlier reply to this thread on making it it slightly louder if that's your thing. Good luck-

21 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

The db killer removal on the Titanium is an exercise in patience..... WD-40 is your friend, take your time. It took me about 45 minutes the first time. I can do it in 5 minutes now. The Akrapovic Titanium is pretty quiet with the db killer in, but too loud (for my taste without it). Read my earlier reply to this thread on making it it slightly louder if that's your thing. Good luck-

Hmmmm.....you wouldn't happen to be that guy who removed the db-killer and drilled like 4 holes and placed it back in? I saw that youtube video not long ago.

What about removing db-killer from the carbon version? also a pain?

• Premium Member
cornerslider
43 minutes ago, eMpTy-Oh7 said:

Hmmmm.....you wouldn't happen to be that guy who removed the db-killer and drilled like 4 holes and placed it back in? I saw that youtube video not long ago.

What about removing db-killer from the carbon version? also a pain?

No, I'm not that guy, but that's the video I was referring to 👍

• 2 months later...
andrewnguyen23

I ran the Akra TI no db killer and no tune - lots of backfire and clear underperformance. 

I tuned with 2wheel and it is perfection. 

As many other riders have stated, No DB killer will literally kill your ears after a few hours of riding. It is a few notches louder than stock with the DB killer, but you can swap in and out easily.