The MT-07 Forum

Red Bull Straight Rythm race

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

I caught this on FS1 or 2 last night and it was a unique form of mx racing. Two competitors on factory and hot privateer bikes(one was a 1998 Honda CR) race down parallel tracks for about a half mile through whoops,tabletops and a pit in a straight line. The start line is a box about twenty feet up in the air which launches the riders onto the track and into action. If either rider crosses the center line, they're disqualified. Marvin Musquin of KTM was the fastest but the old CR finished second. The runner up treated that CR like any old beat up dirt bike and just launched it into the dirt at the finish. Most of the field were people I'd never heard of but their credentials were good with lots of high level competition experience. I enjoyed it as it was different from the usual mx/sx experience with no turns, time limit or hordes of riders. First to the finish wins.  

24 minutes ago, firstyammerha said:

I caught this on FS1 or 2 last night and it was a unique form of mx racing. Two competitors on factory and hot privateer bikes(one was a 1998 Honda CR) race down parallel tracks for about a half mile through whoops,tabletops and a pit in a straight line. The start line is a box about twenty feet up in the air which launches the riders onto the track and into action. If either rider crosses the center line, they're disqualified. Marvin Musquin of KTM was the fastest but the old CR finished second. The runner up treated that CR like any old beat up dirt bike and just launched it into the dirt at the finish. Most of the field were people I'd never heard of but their credentials were good with lots of high level competition experience. I enjoyed it as it was different from the usual mx/sx experience with no turns, time limit or hordes of riders. First to the finish wins.  

Kinna like Red Bull Crashed Ice, hmmm...

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

(one was a 1998 Honda CR)

The guy on the Cr250 is Ronnie Mac, from Shawnee Oklahoma.

7 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

The runner up treated that CR like any old beat up dirt bike and just launched it into the dirt at the finish.

He's like that with reporter's and fellow competitors also, Ronnie Mac that is. He can ride the 250 in the rhythm, but he's a bit of a gobshite!!! that I think ,Travis Pastrana wanted him in on his circus show. I think it's an act, but I find it as funny AF what with his PBR stickers, chinbar cut off, dungaree's, no gloves, and the fenders cut off the bike, and still running them hard. I was going to post a link, but I decided he's easy enough to find if you really want to research him.

• Premium Member

I like the concept... Drag racing dirt bike style... It's something the local county fairs could do, even the local tracks... 

2018 races was all 2 stroke bikes... 

Prior to 2018 they had 2 classes...even the Alta e-bike competed in the 250 class, that bike always had insane whoop speeds, just lacking that delicate touch/momentum to hit jumps compared to internal combustion bikes...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

3 hours ago, fzar said:

The guy on the Cr250 is Ronnie Mac, from Shawnee Oklahoma.

He's like that with reporter's and fellow competitors also, Ronnie Mac that is. He can ride the 250 in the rhythm, but he's a bit of a gobshite!!! that I think ,Travis Pastrana wanted him in on his circus show. I think it's an act, but I find it as funny AF what with his PBR stickers, chinbar cut off, dungaree's, no gloves, and the fenders cut off the bike, and still running them hard. I was going to post a link, but I decided he's easy enough to find if you really want to research him.

I know who Ronnie Mac is.  Best kept secret in the World. All I can say is that his real name is Jimmy. 

Archived