The MT-07 Forum

2018 Mt 07, whats the foam piece for on the right side below the seat on fram bar

Branden26x

• Premium Member

Have you got a picture so we can see what you're talking about?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yeah I can take one but I already pulled it off lol but i will find a pic that shows it and show you a pick of mine with it off

15537776456645683571777718489650.jpg

topazsparrow
1 hour ago, mossrider said:

Just there for vibration damping. Good riddance.

Seems to also prevent water or dirt from directly entering the area where the intake is.

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Branden26x said:

Screenshot_20190328-085659.png

Thanks for the photo.

That's something new for 2018 models. My 2017 models don't have that. I would have assumed it was shipping material that they forgot to remove.  😄 

Seems like a cheap solution to poor engineering, If it's what @mossrider says it is, and I have no reason not to believe him. I think I'd have to yank it out too.

But that's just my opinion which is worth what you paid for it. 0¢ ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I have the same foam piece on my ‘18 as well. Just on the right side. It’s adhered to the frame so I figured it was there for some reason. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

I thought I had a foam piece there as well and so, when I went to the garage this morning, I checked and sure enough, I have it as well, but I have a 2015 model.

Thanks mossrider and topazsparrow  for the feedback, I called the dealer where I got the bike and they also said for vibration damping. So I'm so glad I got rid of the cheap Yamaha fix that they put on there that looked like shet lol 

My 2016 has it. I can't imagine it's a vibration cancelling attempt. It's a very light foam and nothing touches it that needs damping. I also assumed it's related to air intake. Either to help shed rain away, or keep engine heat from migrating in? I don't really have a clue, but it weighs nothing and I figure it can't hurt to keep it. It's not elaborate, but I'm sure Yamaha experienced something that made them incorporate it in to the bike. 

• Premium Member

Noise damping... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived