The MT-07 Forum

Mt07 c.e.l. with 5d_42 speed sensor code

Spm13

I changed out my rear rim, brake rotor and abs speed disc... and when I turn my bike on the check engine is on. Abs light stays on. And I get the code 5d_42... I know it's for the speed sensor... is there anyway to just reset the codes because nothing is damaged I'm thinking I just need a reset since I changed the disc... not sure how to go about it

the "5d" is actually "SD", meaning self diagnosis.

If this chart from reddit is to be trusted, code 42 could also refer to the gear position sensor or the clutch switch. I reckon I'd just go over all those electrical connectors and see if anything is weird. Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Fault code No.DisplayDescription

125d__12Crankshaft position sensor: no normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor

135d__13Intake air pressure sensor: open or short circuit detected.

145d__14Intake air pressure sensor: hose system malfunction (clogged or detached hose).

155d__15Throttle position sensor: open or short circuit detected.

195d__19Sidestand switch: a break or disconnection of the black/red lead of the ECU is detected.

215d__21Coolant temperature sensor: open or short circuit detected.

225d__22Intake air temperature: open or short circuit detected.

245d__24O2 sensor: no normal signals are received from the O2 sensor

305d__30Latch up detected

335d__33Cylinder #1 ignition coil: open or short circuit detected in the primary lead of the cylinder #1 ignition coil.

345d__34Cylinder #2 ignition coil: open or short circuit detected in the primary lead of the cylinder #2 ignition coil.

375d__37Idle Speed Control (ISC): If ISC is not heard, then ISC is defective. If ISC is heard, then component other then ISC unit is defective

395d__39Injector: open or short circuit detected.

415d__41Lean angle sensor: open or short circuit detected.

425d__42Speed sensor: no normal signals are received from the speed sensor; or Gear position switch: open or short circuit is detected; or Clutch switch: open or short circuit detected.

435d__43Fuel system voltage: incorrect voltage supplied to the fuel injector and fuel pump.

445d__44EEPROM fault code number: an error is detected while reading or writing to EEPROM

465d__46Charging voltage is abnormal

505d__50Faulty ECU memory (when this malfunction is detected in the ECU, the fault code number might not appear on the meter display).

515d__51Immobilizer unit: Code cannot be transmitted between the key and the immobilizer unit.

525d__52Immobilizer unit: Codes between the key and immobilizer unit do not match.

535d__53Immobilizer unit: Codes cannot be transmitted between the ECU and the immobilizer unit.

545d__54Immobilizer unit: Codes transmitted between the ECU and the immobilizer unit do not match.

555d__55Immobilizer unit: Key code registration malfunction.

565d__56ECU: Unidentified code is received.

705d__70Engine idling stop

Thanks for this, but I know for a fact it's the speed sensor cuz my speedometer doesnt read, just always 0mph, and everything is fine as far as the clutch and the gear indicator works fine, it's just the speed sensor and I didnt damage it i was careful so thats why I'm thinking just reset the codes or somehow the CPU, I have FTECU tune, wish I could do it in there🙄

I mean, its not gonna stop me from riding it, but I would like to know my speed, and gonna make inspections an issue

• Global Moderator

@Spm13, I am pretty sure the speed sensor for the speedometer is connected to the engine, not the wheel as it is common to both the ABS and non-ABS models.  The speed sensor ring on the wheel is just for ABS functions.  I think you may have had a speed sensor failure that coincidentally happened at the same time that you replaced the wheel. 

@mjh937, thank you... I just dont understand why its all of a sudden not working if I didnt touch it at all... maybe it's just not synching or reading the new abs ring, not sure but it sucks to have to replace it, I need inspection next month tho so I have to

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, Spm13 said:

@mjh937, thank you... I just dont understand why its all of a sudden not working if I didnt touch it at all... maybe it's just not synching or reading the new abs ring, not sure but it sucks to have to replace it, I need inspection next month tho so I have to

I would check the fuses first, however since some of the dash functions work I doubt it is that (but it is easy to check just to be sure).  Then I would check all the connections from the dash to the speed sensor to make sure you did not accidentally bump something loose.  Then I would remove and clean the sensor.  I know peope have had problems with the gear indicator sensor getting dirty and not working but I have not heard of the same problem with speed sensor.  

Hopefully it will be something easy.  Let us know what you find. 

Archived