The MT-07 Forum

Bike won’t start

NoobieMT

I haven’t rode my MT in a couple weeks and it has been sat in the garage and now it won’t start. The engine sounds normal when trying to start it just won’t. The oil pressure warning light is on? Anyone have any ideas how to fix this so I can ride today?

Do you have enough oil? Did you try to recharge your battery? I recommend recharging it, so many others here have let their bikes sit like that and had the same problem.

Beemer

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Do you have enough oil? Did you try to recharge your battery? I recommend recharging it, so many others here have let their bikes sit like that and had the same problem.

Seems like the oil is all good, and the battery isn’t flat as all the electrics are working?

OK but it takes more power to turn an engine over than to light up little LED's. Just try that, it's easy enough and see if it helps or not. GL!

Beemer

8 hours ago, Beemer said:

Just curious, did you get it to start? Did you find out what was wrong?

Nah mate, I charged that battery like you said, and I tried jumping, still won’t start, I give up with it mate, runs out of MOT soon anyway so probably just sell as a non runner 

Might want to dig deeper, strip all the plastic and look for rodent damage. only takes one wire chewed through.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

12 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Might want to dig deeper, strip all the plastic and look for rodent damage. only takes one wire chewed through.

Agreed, it might be something else but it might be something simple to fix. How old is the battery, could it be it just needs a new battery? Maybe not holding a charge??? Anyway, GL with it, mate!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Battery may also be old enough that a charge wont fully charge it. What year is your bike?

Archived