Sign in to follow this  
Decable 1

MT-07 35kw Restrictions

Decable 1

Hi

After trying to find any useful information on this elsewhere without success i Will try My luck here.

So i have a 2018 mt-07 35kw version that i have been trying to derestrict. And when searching the web for any information regarding derestriction of 2018 models or later there is really no relevant information for how to do it exactly. The 2014-2017 35kw models were restricted via a plate blocking the throttle wire from going beyond a certain point, but on the newer models this is not the case. Instead there is a different fuel/ignition map that acts as the limiter. My question is if there is something more than just the electronic limiter like "restrictor plates in the intake" or something other that needs to be removed/changed to unlock full power. I have recently mounted a akrapovic carbon exhaust, a K&N airfilter and done a FTecu flash to accomodate the new setup. But after doing this the check engine light has come lit and the bike has started to "burble" an pop especially when downshifting and enginebreaking. This is why i am suspecting that there is something more that has to be removed/changed in order for it to work as intended.

If anyone knows anything regarding this i would be very grateful for any help or tips.

norcal616

@gregjet... IIRC your the first person I could think of that could answer his question...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

gregjet

OK.

It is possible that Yamaha found another way to derestrict them after I published the intake fix. If not here is the post I made. You need to read the lot. There is some other contributions made from others there as well.

FIRST: If you are a genuine beginner PLEASE do not derestrict the bike until you have some ride experience. The 07 is, in my opinion , not really suitable for beginners for mainly handling and fuelling reasons.

If you are experienced ( eg you have come from dirt riding) then the restrictions are

1. throttle plate ( best way is to buy the proper full version so you can relaminate it if you sell it.

2. The snorkel on the air box. Chuck it or fabricate something thgat will flow better.

3. The Air cleaner. You have already done this.

4 decent exhaust ( truth be told it is a better change for weight that extra HP, but that's a good thing).  Arrows and the later Yoshie version are excellent and light. There is a Greaves ( I think ) that puts out bigger stuff, but I have heard it is LOUD!

5. OK now the restrictors in the intake nozzles. See the attached post. Best suggestion I have seen is to buy the ones that fit the HO (full ) version and swap them. As with the throttle plate you can return the bike to laminated state if you sell it.  I dremeled mine to see if it actually made a difference at the time. It does. More than  anything else.

6 Reflash ( yes NOW not earlier). All the above changes will affect the flash you need.

AGAIN if you are a beginner don't do it...

https://fz07.org/thread/3667/derestricting-lams-mt07-australia/

• Like 2

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

norcal616

Thanks @gregjet...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Decable 1
Posted (edited)

Allright thanks for the help guys :)

tho i forgot to mention the bike is sold in Sweden and therefore EU spec, is it Still the same as the australian LAMS spec then?

Edited by Decable 1

gregjet

Actually I don't THINK it is the same. I remember reading a long time ago that they only did the throttle plate but I am not sure how accurate that was.

Interestingly mine was the first reflash in Australia and was done to EU spec in Italy as the reflasher didn't have the cable yet and my ECU was used as a guinea pig.

Decable 1
Posted (edited)

Ok, interesting. The thing is My bike did not come whit any throttle plate for the gaswire, it had full "rotation" on the gas tube  unlocked from factory yet the power is restricted to 35kw. On the older A2 EU models it is as you say only a throttle plate and once it's gone you have full power enabled (a friend of mine has the 2015 A2 bike and if he removes the throttle plate he's got full power). So either it is only a restricted ECU map on the newer EU spec MT-07 A2's or there is something more restricting it (like throttle stacks). As mentioned My bike currently has neither throttle plate nor snorkel attached and it has had the ECU flashed with FTecu for the current setup i run (Akrapovic exhaust,K&N filter). And yet it Still doesn't have more power then before the mods (plus the check engine light that's now lit) wich suggests that there must Still be something left.

Editor: Took out the throttle stacks and airbox, and after inspecting it, it is indeed restricted just like the LAMS version with a much narrower "airnozzle" between THE airbox and throttlestack even though it is otherwise EU spec and has the 689cc engine. So for anyone else with the same question/problem you can use the same guide to derestrict a EU specced 35kw as for a AU one minus the throttle plate as it is not restricted there to begin with on the EU version

Edited by Decable 1
Problem solved

gregjet

Now we know. Thanks.

I figured that Yamaha might use the same trick in Europe to stop the simple removal of the plate for full power.

Have you done it yet. The difference leads to pleasantly surprised swearing in copious amounts.