The MT-07 Forum

Oil leak from vent hose?

Grant31781

Is this normal? The bike has been sitting for a week. The hose was still wet with engine oil. That stain on the walkway is oil.

20190324_182048-2268x2268.jpg

20190324_182055-2268x2268.jpg

• Premium Member

One hose is an overflow at the gas cap when filling up and the 2nd hose is the gas tank vapor drain (EVP canister on CA bikes), if the tank was super full and sat in the sun I would expect a little fuel to drain out due to expansion...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

There is also a rubber cap under the airbox on the back left side if sitting on bike... It don't hurt to pop it off once a week or after a ride in the rain or after a wash...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Thanks guys. I swear it felt and smelled like engine oil. The bike was under a black cover in the sun with nearly a full tank the past week. I rode the bike after finding the spill. I put a catch bottle under the hoses last night. Nothing in the bottle this morning.

Archived