Max Colombié

Empty coolant's reservoir

Max Colombié

Hi,

I'm still a new rider and not the best in mechanics... The reservoir of the coolant is empty and I don't know why... I don't see any leaks so it's a mystery for me. I was wondering if I could buy any coolant and put it in (and how), or if I need to do some kind of flush to empty the old coolant?

I will then keep a close eye if the coolant is still disappearing.

Thanks,

Bigturbomax

Its a special mix coolant. If you just want to top it off you could swing by the dealership amd pick up a bottle of yamalube coolant. 

mossrider
Posted (edited)

Just like your car, the bottle is marked with a fill/full line. The rubber cap just peels off like a sippy cup to give access to the tank. There will be a couple of small rubber hoses that remain attached to the cap (in goes inside, one outside the tank when closed). You shouldnt have to flush anything unless it's more than a few years old. In a pinch distilled water can be added if you if don't have premix.  Like Big T said pick up a quart of premix from the dealer.

😉

Edited by mossrider