Jump to content
TimG

MT07 Wont prime and start after crash

Recommended Posts

TimG
Posted (edited)

***UPDATE*** 
after checking a lot of components, it is 95% certain that the immobiliser unit is the problem.  

Hi All, 

I recently took a fall with my 2015 MT07. just minor damage thanks to the frame sliders. I need to replace the coolant pump cover and the lower of the two coolant pipes since they took a little bit of the hit and don't seal properly so the coolant completely drained out. 

The Thing i cant figure out is why it wont prime anymore. when I turn the key from 'off' to 'on' normally you hear the fuel pump prime, and now it doesn't. I checked the pump and put 12V directly to the fuel pump and it works so the pump itself works. I have the feeling the ECU just does not send the signal to the fuel pump relay. 

Any ideas what it might be? 

Thanks already!

Tim

*** Things Checked:

- ECU reboot (unscrew battery for a few minutes) 
- Fuel injection system fuse is Ok
- Lean-angle sensor seems to be Ok
- Start stop switch is in the Start position

Edited by TimG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ElGonzales

Begin with the easiest things, check the fuses or if there is voltage at the socket of the fuse, measured against ground. There's a seperate fuse for the fuel injection system. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xeon

if I recall, there is a sensor that kills the fuel system if the bike is not upright. I can't recall the name of it at the moment, something like an anti-tip sensor. That might be malfunctioning and preventing the pump from firing.

 

 

  • Like 3

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fzar
7 hours ago, TimG said:

when I turn the key from 'off' to 'on' normally you hear the fuel pump prime, and now it doesn't.

Do you have the engine stop/start switch in the  middle position for the fuel pump to prime? If it set to off, it won't prime even if you turn the key to the on position in the ignition. I'd make sure that you have it in the right position before checking anything else! You may have moved it in the off, and it maybe as simple as moving it back to the position it needs to be in to prime the fuel pump. Just my .02

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimG
11 hours ago, ElGonzales said:

Begin with the easiest things, check the fuses or if there is voltage at the socket of the fuse, measured against ground. There's a seperate fuse for the fuel injection system. 

Thanks! fuse is ok tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimG
11 hours ago, xeon said:

if I recall, there is a sensor that kills the fuel system if the bike is not upright. I can't recall the name of it at the moment, something like an anti-tip sensor. That might be malfunctioning and preventing the pump from firing.

 

 

there is a lean-angle sensor, I opend it up and it looks like it should work fine. (The pendulum inside is intact and can move freely)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimG
9 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

It might be worth removing and reattaching the negative battery cable--"rebooting" the system.  Not sure this will help, but no harm in trying.

I did that a couple of times, no succes :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimG
7 hours ago, fzar said:

Do you have the engine stop/start switch in the  middle position for the fuel pump to prime? If it set to off, it won't prime even if you turn the key to the on position in the ignition. I'd make sure that you have it in the right position before checking anything else! You may have moved it in the off, and it maybe as simple as moving it back to the position it needs to be in to prime the fuel pump. Just my .02

The start stop is in the start (middle) position so it should just prime :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

Fuel pump relay?? I dunno the location... 

ECU is also located behind the faux intake scoop Yamaha logo area..it's possiblity something is loose/damaged

Check all safety switchs, clutch lever, side stand,etc...

Any codes on the dash??

  • Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimG
21 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Does it crank if you try to start it?

damage to right side only or both?

It does crank when i try to start. 

Only damage on the right side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimG
20 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Fuel pump relay?? I dunno the location... 

ECU is also located behind the faux intake scoop Yamaha logo area..it's possiblity something is loose/damaged

Check all safety switchs, clutch lever, side stand,etc...

Any codes on the dash??

Yeah maybe the relay but when I measured the pin that should switch the relay no voltage was measured so I think it may not be the relay, not sure tho. 

No error codes on the dash, is there a trick to make them visible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.