The MT-07 Forum

2018 MT-07 in Redmond, WA

SixSpeeder

Hey everyone, I picked up a 2018 MT-07 in December while the dealers were hurting for sales and have been using it to commute to work and carve up the twisties on the weekends. Some of the mods that I've done so far are:

• Two Brothers Typhoon Series full exhaust 
  • 2WDW tune 
  • Intake snorkel delete
  • Motodynamic sequential LED tail light (clear)
  • Motodynamic fender eliminator
  • OES frame and axel sliders
  • Kemimoto bar end mirrors
  • Ride It shorty lever for the clutch (the stock lever hits the bar end mirror)

I did a lot of research on fueling options for my bike with the exhaust system and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I live 15 mins away from 2WDW, so I popped in with my ECU and they had me all set up and ready to go in 20 mins.   I've been using this forum to read reviews and have found it very helpful.

adhoQhY.jpg?2

fcIbocW.jpg?1

Welcome to the forum! You live pretty close to the worlds best FZ07 dyno shop, our good friends at @2wheeldynoworks .  Glad to see you already know them! 

Be sure to put your pin on the member map if you haven't already, and keep on a posting. Spring and summer gets pretty fun around here! 

dmaster9494

Sweet color combo! Also plan on doing the 2WDW flash soon ive read its one of the best things you can do to an fz

AlbatrossCafe

Welcome from Northeast Bellevue. I use mine to commute to downtown Bellevue and occasionally go out for short jaunts in the Novelty Hill/West Snoqualmie Valley area early Sunday mornings before any other cars show up. It is great riding over there if you can get out without traffic.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, dmaster9494 said:

Sweet color combo! Also plan on doing the 2WDW flash soon ive read its one of the best things you can do to an fz

Thanks, I really like the Intensity White color scheme. You should, it made such a big difference. Drivability is much better, and the midrange feels a lot meatier. 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, AlbatrossCafe said:

Welcome from Northeast Bellevue. I use mine to commute to downtown Bellevue and occasionally go out for short jaunts in the Novelty Hill/West Snoqualmie Valley area early Sunday mornings before any other cars show up. It is great riding over there if you can get out without traffic.

Thanks. Yep, that is a great drive. I also love driving around Fall City, Carnation, and Duvall for some nice scenery and some great twisty roads. My fiance and I are trying to buy a house in Duvall. 

• 4 weeks later...
Jeremy11226

I did the same thing--found a leftover 2018 in white and red for a good winter price. Best of luck with yours!

Archived